Sometimes, you just gotta take a shot.
The March blizzard that blanketed Washington D.C. is on the attack in Boston. Not that it’s anything new for residents. Follow the latest absurd amount of snowfall with your own photos in our live blog.
On this day 35 years ago, the infamous “Blizzard of ’78″ launched its devastating assault on the United States. It left tens of thousands of New England citizens stuck in their homes without power or heat and stranded in their cars and still stands as the biggest snowstorm in Boston history.
Hurricane Sandy came, and, thankfully, is now gone. (And by the way, you can follow developments in the post-Sandy story at CBS New York, CBS Philadelphia and CBS Boston, and other CBS Local sites.) We hope everyone who was in the path of the storm is safe and in the process of picking up the pieces.
The east coast is hanging on through the massive weather storm that is Hurricane Sandy, and hopefully for you, the next day (or two) will just involve staying (safely) inside. If that’s the case for you (and we hope it is), here’s a a playlist to get you through the storm. And no, we didn’t forget about The Scorpions’ “Rock You Like A Hurricane,” we just thought we’d go with some less obvious choices.
Since the weak tremors of a New England earthquake are easy to mistake for other things, plenty of reactions came on Twitter from people who thought much less significant things were happening…
A very phallic forecast.
Wednesday brought a barrage of severe storms that bombarded New England with heavy rain, thunder, lightning and even hail! Here’s 5 great shots of lightning strikes from Boston, Stoneham, and Providence.
These songs won’t help you cool off at all in this week’s scorching weather. But they are at least appropriate to hear while surviving ridiculously high temperatures.
Prince Charles stopped by the BBC Studios this week. While he was there, he did the Barry Burbank thing and gave a weather forecast for Scotland as only a future King Of England can. Watch out, Scotland looks miserable this week, or as he would say, “unsettled.”
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @KarlsonMcKenzie: Bruins are headed to OT... Again! @HackswithHaggs joins us tomorrow at 7:45am on @WZLX to break it all down! 11 hours ago
- Hopefully the #Bruins break out the brooms tonight! Chris Kelly joined @KarlsonMcKenzie this morning: ow.ly/ll3uu 14 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KarlsonMcKenzie on San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, who gives @MayorMenino a run for his money! ow.ly/ll3nM 15 hours ago
- Warren Haynes On What To Expect From His Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration Tour ow.ly/ll2Z2 16 hours ago
- Ritchie Blackmore took guitar smashing to delirious new levels...A compilation of his utter destruction: ow.ly/lkS2M 17 hours ago