The Grateful Dead
Former [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Grateful Dead[/lastfm] drummer Mickey Hart is not ruling out the possibility of another Dead tour, even after Bob Weir publicly lambasted Hart last year.
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bob Dylan[/lastfm] received an honorary degree on this day in 1970 at Princeton. What degree did they give him?
On this day in 1963, the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] released their first single in England. It was a cover of Chuck Berry’s “Come On.” What Willie Dixon blues song was on the B-side?
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]U2[/lastfm] kicked off its “Popmart” tour in Las Vegas on this day in 1997. They had a special stage for their encore in a giant mirror ball, resembling what?
The fourth annual Record Store Day (Saturday, April 16) is a celebration of music, independent record stores, and the trusty wax itself. Even if you are without a means to listen to vinyl records these […]
On this day in 1970, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Grateful Dead[/lastfm] began a four-night stand at the Fillmore West with Miles Davis. The jazz trumpet extraordinaire had recently released a seminal double-album that fused jazz and rock, […]
Happy birthday to Warren Haynes of the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Allman Brothers Band[/lastfm] and Gov’t Mule! Which guitarist replaced Warren in the Allmans when he left the band in 1997 to devote full-time energies to Gov’t Mule?
In 1971 [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Ringo Starr[/lastfm] released his single “It Don’t Come Easy,” a big success which reached #4 in the U.S. singles chart. Did he ever chart higher than that in the States?
On this day in 1986, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Rolling Stones[/lastfm] released the album Dirty Work. It was their first album of new material in three years and featured a Top ten single which is rarely heard […]
Ron “Pigpen” McKernan of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Grateful Dead[/lastfm] died on this day in 1973. He died of liver disease and was quite fond of the drink. What was his favorite alcoholic elixir?
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @cbsboston: AMBER ALERT issued for child kidnapped from Roxbury home shrd.by/MMHsRk 8 hours ago
- CBS Boston: No Shortage Of Candidates For #Boston Mayoral Election As Deadline Nears ow.ly/lg0NT 11 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KarlsonMcKenzie on the "Cone of Shame" that Pete's dog now has to wear ow.ly/lg0Jr 12 hours ago
- WATCH: Elton John performs live in the U.S.S.R. this week in 1979, right in the middle of the Cold War ow.ly/lfUB4 13 hours ago
- LISTEN: @PeteMcKenzieZLX has poison ivy! What's your quickest cure idea? ow.ly/lfUtK 14 hours ago