The GRAMMYs paid tribute to the late Band drummer/singer Levon Helm with a moving all-star tribute. A supergroup, featuring musical director/guitarist and 12-time GRAMMY winner T-Bone Burnett, took to the stage to the instantly recognizable […]
The GRAMMYs just announced that The Band’s late drummer/singer Levon Helm will be the subject of a tribute performance at this weekend’s 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards.
In October of 2012, one of the best lineups of rock, country and soul acts came together to pay tribute to the late Band drummer/singer Levon Helm at New Jersey’s Izod Center. The Love For […]
As we say farewell to 2012, we honor the legendary artists who we lost this year.
The Band’s Levon Helm is getting his due credit with a documentary of his own, set to screen in theaters nationwide next year.
Garth Hudson has just joined the bill for next week’s “Love For Levon,” the concert paying tribute to his late Band-mate, Levon Helm. Last week, a press release announced that Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters would be the last addition to the bill, but today the news came that Hudson, as well as blues-rocker Grace Potter will be joining the bill.
Waters, who just wrapped up a huge three year tour where he performed Pink Floyd’s The Wall every night, will be playing in relatively stripped down surroundings. Coincidentally, the one time when Waters performed with Helm was at Waters’ one-off performance of The Wall in Germany on July 21, 1990.
When much-beloved drummer/singer Levon Helm of The Band passed away on April 19, musicians from all genres and generations paid tribute at their concerts, in interviews and on Twitter. But on October 3rd at New Jersey’s Izod Center, a number of legends will pay tribute to him at a concert called “Love For Levon.”
“Up On Cripple Creek” features Helm on lead vocals (he sang on the original version from The Band’s 1969 self-titled album). When Helm passed away on April 19, Ringo decided to release the track on iTunes.
Levon Helm was laid to rest this week next to his Bandmate, Rick Danko. Last night, Bruce Springsteen led everyone in a sing along of “The Weight” at his New Jersey show after seeing a fan holding up a sign that read, “Play One For Levon” Check it out.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Here's the video of that 14-year-old girl who shreds Van Halen that the guys just talked about: ow.ly/lhhTF 58 minutes ago
- Memorial Day Weekend is fast approaching! Some good summer fun ideas from @CBSBoston: ow.ly/lhgR0 1 hour ago
- John McCain has a question for Apple CEO Tim Cook...What's with all the app updates!? @KarlsonMcKenzie discuss next. 2 hours ago
- RT @cbsboston: AMBER ALERT issued for child kidnapped from Roxbury home shrd.by/MMHsRk 12 hours ago
- CBS Boston: No Shortage Of Candidates For #Boston Mayoral Election As Deadline Nears ow.ly/lg0NT 15 hours ago