St. Patrick’s Day
This week on ChuckTV, while the rest of us deal with the regrets of St. Paddy’s Day weekend, Chuck Nowlin revisits a part of his past that still haunts him to this day.
The numbers are tallied — the amount of drunken idiots far exceeded last year’s totals by a whopping percentage. So for many of you, St. Patrick’s Day probably feels like one big blur right about now, huh?
Braden dislikes people who don’t keep it real on St. Patrick’s Day…
Perhaps no drinking holiday means more to the city of Boston than St. Patrick’s Day, with a large population of our inhabitants having come from Irish descent. So kickoff your St. Patrick’s Day festivities with this Classic Rock Drinking Playlist!
March is Irish-American Heritage Month, and for Irish-American kids living in and around Boston, there’s plenty to do on St. Patrick’s Day. Boston is considered the most Irish city in the US so, grab a green hat, put on a Boston Celtics t-shirt and get ready to celebrate. Here are Boston’s best ways for kids to celebrate the day.
Boston is proud of its deep Irish roots; and Boston is proud of its beer. It only makes sense to combine the two into one great post about Massachusetts-based breweries that are putting out Irish-style beers. The Irish stouts have already been covered, so here’s a look at the Irish red. Some local breweries put these out as Spring seasonals, but others are available year-round.
It may seem like a no brainer to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Boston, yet when it comes to options available to both the casual visitor and the dedicated townie, the list almost seems innumerable.
It’s the time of year when almost everybody claims to be Irish. There are dozens of parades and events around the region to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Massachusetts and Irish heritage have been synonymous for centuries. Every St. Patrick’s Day, a massive celebration of that ancestry can be seen from Southie to Holyoke. Here are five things you don’t know about St. Patrick’s Day and Irish heritage that will get you excited for the upcoming holiday.
In recent years, a conflict has been brewing between the Boston area’s deep Irish roots and its local pride. Guinness – a staple in Irish pubs around the world – is seeing more and more competition from local breweries. If you don’t believe us, just take a look.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- New Bedford Man Receives Replacement For Son’s Stolen Purple Heart ow.ly/lnaqv 3 hours ago
- Listen all weekend starting NOW through Monday for a chance to win Bon Jovi tickets! ow.ly/lnf8N 4 hours ago
- From @Man_Cave_Daily: Sports Movies that Make You Cry...like a Man ow.ly/ln9V3 4 hours ago
- Yup, this is real...Wife Bites Husband’s Genitals Because He Made Her Leave The Rodeo Early ow.ly/ln9mn 5 hours ago
- We love Morgan Freeman, but the guy really embarrassed himself here...Watch him FALL ASLEEP during an interview: ow.ly/ln8Xh 6 hours ago