The world’s greatest rock and roll band is about to hit the road again. “I kept hedging when people asked me, but I knew, the year before,” Mick Jagger admits in the exclusive video below. […]
Classic hits artists are slowly joining the Twittersphere, and the latest to jump aboard the social network is Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood. While there are many fakes out there (several previous accounts bearing Wood’s […]
A rumor started circulating over the weekend that The Rolling Stones will co-headline the Coachella Music Festival in 2013 after a fan saw a Coachella date on the band’s official app. Though the fan tweeted a screengrab, the date was quickly taken down from the app.
The Rolling Stones lined up a bunch of big-name guests for their “One More Shot” pay-per-view concert on Saturday night, ranging from twenty-something superstar Lady Gaga to sixty-something legend Bruce Springsteen. But the biggest reaction from the crowd went to the guest with the least celebrity power: the band’s former guitar player Mick Taylor.
Rolling Stones fans across the country are hoping that the band’s “50 And Counting” tour will extend to more dates in 2013. But as of now, their U.S. dates are limited to this past Saturday’s concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, and this week’s shows at the Prudential Center in New Jersey. So if you can’t make it to the New York area for the shows (or you can’t afford the ticket prices, which are now well into the thousands of dollars), here are a few live Stones albums you can rock for a lot less money.
Last night (November 25), The Rolling Stones played their first arena concert in six years at England’s O2 Arena. The band played a two-hour-plus set, spanning their 50 year career.
Do you need access to your favorite Rolling Stones songs, as well as Stones videos and info on the band, 24/7? You’re in luck (if you have an iPhone): there’s an app for that.
“I watched a concert of One Direction on the TV the other night, you know just to check [it] out. It reminded me very much of our early concerts, when we were pushed around among the audience and we would kind of float. They were like, floating above the audience, and they looked like, really distinctly uncomfortable.” – Mick Jagger
After months of anticipation, on November 15 HBO premiered “Crossfire Hurricane,” the much-talked about documentary about The Rolling Stones. CBS Local spoke to the film’s director, Brett Morgen, about the access he got to all of the living Rolling Stones — Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood, as well as former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor — and the perks to getting access to their vaults.
In stores this week is GRRR!, a career-spanning greatest hits set by The Rolling Stones. There are several versions of the collection available, including the 80-track “Super Deluxe” version. But with 50 years under their collective belt, even 80 songs doesn’t seem enough. Here, we suggest a couple of other great Stones songs that could make it an even 100 (and there’d still be songs missing).
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- Okla. Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive Under Rubble [VIDEO]
- 1979: @eltonjohndotcom became the first Western artist to tour the USSR. wzlx.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/pho… http://t.co/qfSzU0sjxZ 2 hours ago
- Here's the audio of the insane bat mitzvah chaperone @KarlsonMcKenzie talked about today - warning, F-bombs ahead! ow.ly/leZmt 3 hours ago
- The one and only. In fact it was "The Sky is Crying"! RT @angelacedrone: love this crying guitar, Stevie Ray Vaughn? 4 hours ago
- CBS News: How to Help Those Affected By The #Oklahoma Tornado ow.ly/leXrr #PrayForOklahoma 4 hours ago
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 17 hours ago