Roger Waters has been getting more press for his vocal critiques of Israel lately than he has for his music. In March, he was interviewed by the Al-Jazeera network, and encouraged artists to boycott the […]
Manhattan’s 92nd Street YMCA (92Y) has cancelled an event with former Pink Floyd singer/bassist Roger Waters, following pressure from members of the Jewish community over the rocker’s criticism of Israel over the years. “It’s absolutely […]
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades – some iconic, some lesser known – as they celebrate significant anniversaries. Here, […]
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades — some iconic, some lesser known — as they celebrate significant anniversaries. First up is Pink […]
Former Pink Floyd singer Roger Waters has never been one to shy away from controversy, most recently drawing criticism from the Anti-Defamation League for a video segment depicting dollar signs next to the Star of […]
In October of 2012, one of the best lineups of rock, country and soul acts came together to pay tribute to the late Band drummer/singer Levon Helm at New Jersey’s Izod Center. The Love For […]
Last night (January 14th), Roger Waters appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to discuss his plans for bringing his Wall tour to Europe, his relief and benefit work, and how the meanings of Pink Floyd lyrics have changed over the years.
THE CASE: After 50 years on the stage, should classic rockers consider hanging it up over a little thing like a 70th birthday?
Many live performances from the “12-12-12″ Hurricane Sandy benefit concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City are now available as a digital album and eventually a physical album, Columbia Records has announced.
Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi blew minds of New Jersey-ians. R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe came out of retirement. Eddie Vedder joined Roger Waters for a Pink Floyd classic. Kanye West wore a kilt – which soon got it’s own Twitter handle (and over 1,000 followers!). Jay-Z was a no-show. And, apparently, Paul McCartney has joined a new band… with the surviving members of Nirvana. It all was part of 12.12.12 The Concert For Sandy Relief benefitting the Robin Hood Foundation.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- Okla. Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive Under Rubble [VIDEO]
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- LISTEN: @KarlsonMcKenzie on the "Cone of Shame" that Pete's dog now has to wear ow.ly/lg0Jr 3 hours ago
- WATCH: Elton John performs live in the U.S.S.R. this week in 1979, right in the middle of the Cold War ow.ly/lfUB4 4 hours ago
- LISTEN: @PeteMcKenzieZLX has poison ivy! What's your quickest cure idea? ow.ly/lfUtK 5 hours ago
- From @doorsofficial To X, Ray Manzarek’s Legacy – In His Own Words ow.ly/lfPqy 6 hours ago
- ICYMI: Why the @doorsofficial wouldn't have been nearly the same without Ray Manzarek ow.ly/lfDXq 7 hours ago