Roger Waters has been getting more press for his vocal critiques of Israel lately than he has for his music. In March, he was interviewed by the Al-Jazeera network, and encouraged artists to boycott the […]
Manhattan’s 92nd Street YMCA (92Y) has cancelled an event with former Pink Floyd singer/bassist Roger Waters, following pressure from members of the Jewish community over the rocker’s criticism of Israel over the years. “It’s absolutely […]
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades – some iconic, some lesser known – as they celebrate significant anniversaries. Here, […]
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades — some iconic, some lesser known — as they celebrate significant anniversaries. First up is Pink […]
Former Pink Floyd singer Roger Waters has never been one to shy away from controversy, most recently drawing criticism from the Anti-Defamation League for a video segment depicting dollar signs next to the Star of […]
In October of 2012, one of the best lineups of rock, country and soul acts came together to pay tribute to the late Band drummer/singer Levon Helm at New Jersey’s Izod Center. The Love For […]
Last night (January 14th), Roger Waters appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to discuss his plans for bringing his Wall tour to Europe, his relief and benefit work, and how the meanings of Pink Floyd lyrics have changed over the years.
THE CASE: After 50 years on the stage, should classic rockers consider hanging it up over a little thing like a 70th birthday?
Many live performances from the “12-12-12″ Hurricane Sandy benefit concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City are now available as a digital album and eventually a physical album, Columbia Records has announced.
Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi blew minds of New Jersey-ians. R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe came out of retirement. Eddie Vedder joined Roger Waters for a Pink Floyd classic. Kanye West wore a kilt – which soon got it’s own Twitter handle (and over 1,000 followers!). Jay-Z was a no-show. And, apparently, Paul McCartney has joined a new band… with the surviving members of Nirvana. It all was part of 12.12.12 The Concert For Sandy Relief benefitting the Robin Hood Foundation.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Hopefully the #Bruins break out the brooms tonight! Chris Kelly joined @KarlsonMcKenzie this morning: ow.ly/ll3uu 4 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KarlsonMcKenzie on San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, who gives @MayorMenino a run for his money! ow.ly/ll3nM 5 hours ago
- Warren Haynes On What To Expect From His Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration Tour ow.ly/ll2Z2 6 hours ago
- Ritchie Blackmore took guitar smashing to delirious new levels...A compilation of his utter destruction: ow.ly/lkS2M 7 hours ago
- WATCH: Mick Taylor reunites with the @RollingStones on stage! ow.ly/lkLlF 8 hours ago