Ringo At The Ryman, recorded on Ringo Starr‘s 2012 tour with his most recent incarnation of the All Starr Band, features some classic songs from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s, with one song the present day […]
As 2012 comes to a close, we’re revisiting the year’s biggest stories through the lens of some of our station’s biggest artists.
A number of rock legends and some newer artists are contributing exclusive tracks (and a couple of other cool items) to help fund relief efforts in the south Brooklyn neighborhood of Red Hook.
Paul McCartney apparently had a near-death experience in May which is just being reported on now.
The Beatles’ entire catalog remains one of the most enduring groups of songs in popular culture. Their first single “Love Me Do,” the song is still fun and vibrant 50 years after its original U.K. release. To celebrate the occasion, fans gathered in Liverpool’s docks Friday afternoon to set a new world record for the most Beatles fans singing “Love Me Do” in a round.
Before Ringo Starr was a Beatle, he was a member of another British rock group, Rory Storm & The Hurricanes. A new release called Rory Storm Live At The Jive Hive has led fans to wonder if the recording is from Ringo’s era with the band. Ringo himself clarifies, in a press statement that went out earlier today…
Before donning the mop-top and suit as the drummer of the Beatles, Ringo Starr scored his first gig as a member of Rory Storm and the Hurricanes.
To quote the legendary James Brown, “give the drummer some!” Or in the case of this list ranking the richest beat-keepers in the world, give the drummers a whole lot, as in a fortune.
This March, the fourth annual Beatles cruise will once again set sail from Ft. Lauderdale headed toward the Bahamas, aboard the world’s largest cruise ship. And we have a few ideas for the cruise’s organizers.
Bonus features include new interviews with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, as well as other members of the cast and crew; McCartney also recorded audio commentary. Other features include music videos of “Your Mother Should Know,” “Blue Jay Way,” “The Fool On The Hill.”
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Miss USA Pageant 2013 Tom Petty at Bonnaroo Rolling Stones at the TD... Black Sabbath Town Hall
- Boston Strong Concert [PHOTOS] 2013 Classic Rock Classic... R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin...
- Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013...
- 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @985thesportshub: Bruins Live Blog: Brent Seabrook Scores In OT, Ties Series At 2-2 cbsloc.al/14Kr49f 5 hours ago
- Five Things About...The Music of "The Sopranos" w/ Queen, Steely Dan, ZZ Top and Cream ow.ly/mcQFS 5 hours ago
- About to go into OT with the #bruins and #hawks... Hey, @KHitsChicago, how you feelin'? Go B's! cbsboston.com/bruins 5 hours ago
- RT @michaelFhurley: A 3-1 series lead or a 2-2 tie is at stake. Be prepared for the most intense period of the entire NHL season. http://t.… 5 hours ago
- BREAKING NEWS: Actor James Gandolfini best known for his role as Tony Soprano is dead at age 51: cbsloc.al/12WkoHd 8 hours ago