On last night’s episode of Mad Men, Don Draper poses the question, “When did music become so important?” He asks this in the context of his clients, who are suddenly teeming with requests for specific artists and songs to be used in the ad campaigns, but you get the sense that Draper is talking about more than just work.
Back in the mid-1960s, George Harrison plugged his guitar into a Vox UL730 amplifier and used it to create the legendary Beatles albums Revolver and Sgt. Pepper’s. Almost 50 years later, the amp has been […]
Infamously known as “The Butcher Block” album, the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Beatles[/lastfm]‘ Yesterday… and Today naturally sold well, despite it being a US-only release that was a hodge-podge of various tracks from a variety of sources.
On this day in 1966 The Beatles released “Yesterday & Today” in the U.S. – the so-called “Butcher Cover” showing the band with baby dolls and bloody chunks of meat was quickly withdrawn and replaced. […]
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Paul McCartney Features Beatles And Wings Classics At U.S. Tour Kickoff ow.ly/ld58M 28 minutes ago
- Tom Brady to @SI_PeterKing: ‘Never Felt Better Throwing The Football’ ow.ly/lcVi3 1 hour ago
- LISTEN: @DavidCGoucher Joins K&M To Talk Game 3 of #Bruins-#Rangers in NYC! ow.ly/lcI4y 2 hours ago
- Alright...Can we just see the woodchipper destroying a grandfather clock one more time? ow.ly/lcquD 3 hours ago
- ICYMI: @KarlsonMcKenzie Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things ow.ly/l93Lx 19 hours ago