Peter Banks, original guitarist and founding member of Yes, has passed away at the age of 65 from heart failure. A few hours ago, the progressive rock band announced the passing of Banks on their […]
Guitar legend Steve Howe has been doing double duty in two bands – Yes and Asia – for years, ever since Asia reunited with the original lineup in 2006. But he’s decided to slow down […]
Yes are back, and they brought their sizzling live show to Boston’s waterfront at the Bank of America Pavilion Saturday night. Check out video clips of “I’ve Seen All Good People,” “Roundabout,” and more from the prog-rock legends.
Rush are enjoying their best week of record sales in over a decade on the Billboard charts with their new album Clockwork Angels. The album sold 103,000 copies last week, ranking it No.2 behind Usher on the Billboard albums chart, marking the second No.2 album of the band’s career.
Eagle Rock Entertainment has released a 5-minute trailer to preview its new documentary Pink Floyd: The Story of Wish You Were Here, which comes out in two weeks. In the preview, surviving members Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason talk at length about the 1975 classic’s subject matter
Clockwork Angels, the new studio album from Rush, doesn’t officially hit stores until next Tuesday, June 12. But the title track from the prog legends’ 19th LP is now available to stream online.
In honor of Memorial Day weekend, ZLX looks back on Rush’s classic “Moving Pictures” tour, which included a show at the classic Boston Garden on this day in 1981.
Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake & Palmer talks about progressive music and its overlooked influence on rock & roll in a new video interview.
You could make it through the entire Boston Marathon with these ten marathon-length classics from the Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd and others on your playlist – that is, if they can all fit.
The fallout to Rush Limbaugh’s “comments” continues. Now the band Rush has told Rush, not to use their music on his show anymore.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @KarlsonMcKenzie: Bruins are headed to OT... Again! @HackswithHaggs joins us tomorrow at 7:45am on @WZLX to break it all down! 10 hours ago
- Hopefully the #Bruins break out the brooms tonight! Chris Kelly joined @KarlsonMcKenzie this morning: ow.ly/ll3uu 14 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KarlsonMcKenzie on San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, who gives @MayorMenino a run for his money! ow.ly/ll3nM 15 hours ago
- Warren Haynes On What To Expect From His Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration Tour ow.ly/ll2Z2 15 hours ago
- Ritchie Blackmore took guitar smashing to delirious new levels...A compilation of his utter destruction: ow.ly/lkS2M 17 hours ago