Before Pink Floyd started deploying inflatable flying pigs and other weird creatures, their live shows featured something in the water. At a British festival on May 15, 1971, a giant inflatable octopus accompanied the band as they performed.
A man from Monticello, Minnesota claimed to be Pink Floyd guitarist-vocalist David Gilmour in order to avoid paying $100,000 in medical expenses. The St. Cloud Times reports 53-year old Phillip Michael Schaeffer was arrested in […]
Roger Waters has been getting more press for his vocal critiques of Israel lately than he has for his music. In March, he was interviewed by the Al-Jazeera network, and encouraged artists to boycott the […]
Manhattan’s 92nd Street YMCA (92Y) has cancelled an event with former Pink Floyd singer/bassist Roger Waters, following pressure from members of the Jewish community over the rocker’s criticism of Israel over the years. “It’s absolutely […]
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades – some iconic, some lesser known – as they celebrate significant anniversaries. Here, […]
Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” Preserved in National Recording Registry for Its Cultural Significance
The National Recording Registry at the Library of Congress has announced 25 recordings selected for preservation, and Pink Floyd’s legendary The Dark Side of the Moon, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this weekend, is among the additions.
See what Carter Alan, Chuck Nowlin, Kenny Young and CBS Radio DJs across the country have to say about Pink Floyd’s legendary “The Dark Side of the Moon,” which celebrates its 40th anniversary.
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades — some iconic, some lesser known — as they celebrate significant anniversaries. First up is Pink […]
This week, one of the most popular albums in music history will also be hitting the big 4-0. Pink Floyd‘s The Dark Side of the Moon will celebrate its 40th anniversary on Sunday, March 24. […]
Former Pink Floyd singer Roger Waters has never been one to shy away from controversy, most recently drawing criticism from the Anti-Defamation League for a video segment depicting dollar signs next to the Star of […]
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 46 minutes ago
- David Krejci Subtly Dominating Playoffs And Other Leftover #Bruins Thoughts From @MichaelFHurley: ow.ly/ldCJw 1 hour ago
- Matt Kalman's @TheBruinsBlog: Torey Krug And Bruins’ Defensemen Taking Offensive Charge Vs. Rangers ow.ly/ldCwh 2 hours ago
- Our own @mattdolloff explains why The Doors wouldn't have been The Doors without keyboardist Ray Manzarek: ow.ly/ldPbc 2 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KevinKarlson Talks About Meeting His Daughter's Unimpressive Prom Date ow.ly/ldCqY 3 hours ago