Using popular music in television commercials is nothing new. Neither is the controversy that often follows when a beloved artist or song is part of an ad campaign, which some fans see as blatantly “selling out” artistic integrity for a quick buck.
Fans waited over two years for Passion Pit to release the follow up to their critically acclaimed debut record Manners. In July, fans’ prayers were finally answered with the album Gossamer. Frontman Michael Angelakos spoke with Live 105 San Francisco backstage at the 2012 Outside Lands Music festival about the ups and downs of the making of Gossamer.
Director David Wilson waved his wand and conjured up some movie magic for Passion Pit‘s latest video. To make “Talk A Walk,” the band teamed up with The Creators Project, the same group responsible for the giant LED-lit inflatable balls raining down over Arcade Fire’s audience at Coachella two years ago.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @petemckenziezlx: Whoa! This kid is fer real..."11-Year-Old Belts Out AC/DC" cbsloc.al/10PnZjj 1 hour ago
- Paul McCartney Features Beatles And Wings Classics At U.S. Tour Kickoff ow.ly/ld58M 1 hour ago
- Tom Brady to @SI_PeterKing: ‘Never Felt Better Throwing The Football’ ow.ly/lcVi3 2 hours ago
- LISTEN: @DavidCGoucher Joins K&M To Talk Game 3 of #Bruins-#Rangers in NYC! ow.ly/lcI4y 4 hours ago
- Alright...Can we just see the woodchipper destroying a grandfather clock one more time? ow.ly/lcquD 5 hours ago