Using popular music in television commercials is nothing new. Neither is the controversy that often follows when a beloved artist or song is part of an ad campaign, which some fans see as blatantly “selling out” artistic integrity for a quick buck.
Fans waited over two years for Passion Pit to release the follow up to their critically acclaimed debut record Manners. In July, fans’ prayers were finally answered with the album Gossamer. Frontman Michael Angelakos spoke with Live 105 San Francisco backstage at the 2012 Outside Lands Music festival about the ups and downs of the making of Gossamer.
Director David Wilson waved his wand and conjured up some movie magic for Passion Pit‘s latest video. To make “Talk A Walk,” the band teamed up with The Creators Project, the same group responsible for the giant LED-lit inflatable balls raining down over Arcade Fire’s audience at Coachella two years ago.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Ritchie Blackmore is a great guitarist, but what he's REALLY great at is SMASHING them! His best work: ow.ly/lnbOx 11 minutes ago
- ICYMI: Carter Alan talks The Who's "Tommy", which came out this week in 1969: ow.ly/lnbDW 56 minutes ago
- Still not too late to check out Boston-area Memorial Day weekend events! ow.ly/lnbCi 2 hours ago
- 33,000 Flags On Boston Common Honor State’s Fallen Heroes ow.ly/lnbmH 3 hours ago
- ICYMI: Bear Comes To Door Of East Brookfield Home ow.ly/lnazU 4 hours ago