Mick Taylor joins the Rolling Stones for a concert in Los Angeles.
The Rolling Stones lined up a bunch of big-name guests for their “One More Shot” pay-per-view concert on Saturday night, ranging from twenty-something superstar Lady Gaga to sixty-something legend Bruce Springsteen. But the biggest reaction from the crowd went to the guest with the least celebrity power: the band’s former guitar player Mick Taylor.
Rolling Stones fans across the country are hoping that the band’s “50 And Counting” tour will extend to more dates in 2013. But as of now, their U.S. dates are limited to this past Saturday’s concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, and this week’s shows at the Prudential Center in New Jersey. So if you can’t make it to the New York area for the shows (or you can’t afford the ticket prices, which are now well into the thousands of dollars), here are a few live Stones albums you can rock for a lot less money.
Last night, their guests were Eric Clapton (for a cover of Muddy Waters’ “Champagne And Reefer”) and Florence Welch, of the British band Florence & The Machine, for “Gimme Shelter.”
Last night (November 25), The Rolling Stones played their first arena concert in six years at England’s O2 Arena. The band played a two-hour-plus set, spanning their 50 year career.
After months of anticipation, on November 15 HBO premiered “Crossfire Hurricane,” the much-talked about documentary about The Rolling Stones. CBS Local spoke to the film’s director, Brett Morgen, about the access he got to all of the living Rolling Stones — Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood, as well as former members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor — and the perks to getting access to their vaults.
In stores this week is GRRR!, a career-spanning greatest hits set by The Rolling Stones. There are several versions of the collection available, including the 80-track “Super Deluxe” version. But with 50 years under their collective belt, even 80 songs doesn’t seem enough. Here, we suggest a couple of other great Stones songs that could make it an even 100 (and there’d still be songs missing).
At their two Paris gigs, the Stones stuck with some of the classics: “It’s Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It),” “Miss You,” “Tumbling Dice,” “Start Me Up,” “Midnight Rambler,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” and “Brown Sugar” all made both shows, as did their new song “Doom and Gloom.” Last night’s gig added some other deep cuts, including “All Down The Line” from 1972′s Exile On Main Street, and “You Got Me Rockin’” from 1994′s Voodoo Lounge. But we have some requests for the band when they hit the arenas.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary with a photo book, HBO documentary and what everyone was hoping for; reunion shows. The band recently spoke with Rolling Stone magazine about the anniversary and upcoming shows for a feature that will be published in the November 8th issue. Before you get your hands on it and sit down for a lengthy read, here are five points you need to know about.
The Rolling Stones have two new songs, and they’ll be available on a new collection called “GRRR!,” due out on November 13. “Gloom And Doom” and “One Last Shot” were recorded at their recent sessions in Paris, France.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Miss USA Pageant 2013 Tom Petty at Bonnaroo Rolling Stones at the TD... Black Sabbath Town Hall
- Boston Strong Concert [PHOTOS] 2013 Classic Rock Classic... R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin...
- Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013...
- 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition
WZLX Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Karlson and McKenzie
- Jennifer Lawrence NUDE On Set Of New "X-Men" Movie...Well, Besides the Bodypaint [NSFW PHOTOS]
- Miss USA Pageant 2013
- Our Hot Bruins Bikini-Clad K&M Bombshell Out On The Overpass! [VIDEO & PHOTOS]
- Miss Utah: Dumbest Beauty Pageant Answer Ever? [VIDEO]
- Rock N' Roll Diary: June 18
- Karlson & McKenzie: Faces for Radio? ow.ly/mcaVp 4 minutes ago
- LISTEN: Chris Kelly From YOUR Boston #Bruins Calls K&M! ow.ly/mbNUs 1 hour ago
- LISTEN: @ScottZolak Comments on Aaron Hernandez’s Relationship to a Local Murder Investigation ow.ly/mbNqL 1 hour ago
- Four Keys For #Bruins In Game 4 Of Stanley Cup Final ow.ly/mbMoO 2 hours ago
- ICYMI: #Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez Questioned In Death Investigation ow.ly/mbeAX 3 hours ago