“If you picture those days [ the '60s], most white artists just stood there and played. Elvis Presley was an exception, Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones were an exception. But most white artists stood there and performed and that was fine. Most of the black artists, they were real performers, very exciting, and The Rascals performed like a black band. They were the first ‘blue-eyed soul’ band, which was very influential to us.”
On October 16 New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom hosted a gala affair paying tribute to E Street Band guitarist/actor/garage rock champion/activist Little Steven Van Zandt. Elvis Costello, Southside Johnny and Rage Against The Machine’s Tom Morello were all on the bill. Bruce Springsteen was not… but very few people were surprised (although everyone in the room was thrilled) when he showed up to present his consigliere with Little Kids Rock’s Big Man Of The Year Award.
This week, E Street Band guitarist Little Steven Van Zandt will be honored by Little Kids Rock with their annual “Big Man Of The Year” award. The nonprofit organization, which works to restore and revitalize music education in disadvantaged public schools, has honored Clarence Clemons, Bernie Williams and Lady Gaga in the past.
The E Street Band’s guitarist will receive the “Big Man Of The Year” award, named after his late bandmate Clarence Clemons, at Little Kids Rock’s annual “Right 2 Rock” event on October 16th at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom.
Last week, in front of a packed Olympiastadion in Helsinki Finland, Bruce outdid even himself for giving fans their money’s worth. The final show on the European leg of his Wrecking Ball Tour clocked in at […]
After going way past three hours on many of their shows on their current tour for Wrecking Ball, Springsteen & The E Street Band’s show yesterday (July 31) at Olympic Stadium in Helsinki, Finland, clocked in at four hours and five minutes. And that didn’t even include the five song solo acoustic set Springsteen did earlier in the day.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Here's the video of that 14-year-old girl who shreds Van Halen that the guys just talked about: ow.ly/lhhTF 16 minutes ago
- Memorial Day Weekend is fast approaching! Some good summer fun ideas from @CBSBoston: ow.ly/lhgR0 56 minutes ago
- John McCain has a question for Apple CEO Tim Cook...What's with all the app updates!? @KarlsonMcKenzie discuss next. 1 hour ago
- RT @cbsboston: AMBER ALERT issued for child kidnapped from Roxbury home shrd.by/MMHsRk 11 hours ago
- CBS Boston: No Shortage Of Candidates For #Boston Mayoral Election As Deadline Nears ow.ly/lg0NT 15 hours ago