On this day (May 14) in 1988, Led Zeppelin’s surviving members reunited for a one-off performance as part of Atlantic Records’ 40th anniversary concert on HBO.
In recent years, former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant has worked with a number of collaborators: his Band Of Joy on the 2010 album of the same name, with Alison Krauss on 2007′s multi-GRAMMY winning Raising Sand, and with […]
In an online 60 Minutes Overtime feature posted Sunday (May 5), it was revealed that President Bill Clinton tried, unsuccessfully, to get Led Zeppelin to reunite for the 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy tribute concert. Over the weekend, CBS’s 60 Minutes profiled the Robin Hood Foundation, the […]
After a couple of detours (a duo album with Alison Krauss, a covers project with his Band Of Joy, oh, and the Led Zeppelin reunion), Robert Plant is back together with his longtime band, the […]
Andy Johns, who worked with several legendary artists and produced and engineered some of the best albums in classic rock history, died Sunday at age 61.
In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades – some iconic, some lesser known – as they celebrate significant anniversaries. Here, […]
To call Led Zeppelin just a “great band” would be the understatement of the century. But that’s the simplest way for Carter Alan to describe Led Zeppelin, whose legendary 1973 album “Houses of the Holy” turns 40 years old today.
Following the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Heart will take its show on the road this summer as part of a 31-date U.S. tour. Starting in West Palm Beach, Fla., […]
2012 saw lots of Led Zeppelin activity, including the band’s inclusion in the Kennedy Center Honors ceremony in December. The night of that event, Robert Plant told Radio.com that in 2013 he might “just chill […]
In the latest edition of Carter’s Catalog, our own Carter Alan talks about Led Zeppelin’s classic 1975 double-album “Physical Graffiti.”
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Matt Kalman's @TheBruinsBlog: Torey Krug And Bruins’ Defensemen Taking Offensive Charge Vs. Rangers ow.ly/ldCwh 13 minutes ago
- Our own @mattdolloff explains why The Doors wouldn't have been The Doors without keyboardist Ray Manzarek: ow.ly/ldPbc 37 minutes ago
- LISTEN: @KevinKarlson Talks About Meeting His Daughter's Unimpressive Prom Date ow.ly/ldCqY 1 hour ago
- RIP Ray Manzarek of The Doors. The former keyboardist and founding member has passed away at the age of 74. ow.ly/ldIWT 1 hour ago
- Have you ever used or heard any of these dumb excuses to get out of work? We hope not... ow.ly/ldCib 2 hours ago