One of the pioneering records of heavy metal music, Deep Purple’s Machine Head influenced countless future rock musicians. Many of those influenced by the album are now giving back, as Metallica, Iron Maiden and others have contributed covers of each track on the classic LP as part of a special Deep Purple tribute.
Zakk Wylde is a certified heavy metal guitar god, but before he started blowing minds with his six string prowess, he was a huge metal fan. A lifelong Black Sabbath obsessive, he’s just taken his loyalty to the band to a new level.
Metallica’s Orion Music + More festival was an ambitious event that reflected not only the band’s musical tastes, but also their extra-curricular passions. The two-day festival featured four stages with over thirty bands and a handful of comedians, a film festival, a half-pipe, a surfing competition, a monster car show, and two museums (one dedicated to Kirk Hammett’s horror film memorabilia collection, the other dedicated to Metallica’s history).
In an exclusive interview with CBS Local, Metallica lead guitarist Kirk Hammett said, “I know Ride The Lightning forwards and backwards, it’s not like the ‘Black Album,’ where there are three or four songs that we rarely play. Over the course of the years, we’ve played most of Ride The Lightning, except for one song we’ve never done, ‘Escape.’ It was pretty easy. We put way more time into learning the ‘Black Album’ than Ride The Lightning.”
The newly reunited Black Sabbath (with a replacement drummer for Bill Ward) just played their second show of 2012 at the Download Festival in the U.K. last weekend. Complete audio of the show has surfaced online in a series of Youtube clips.
Metallica headlines German festival Rock AM Ring this weekend, where they will play the famed Black Album in its entirety. The band will also live-stream the performance online..
Speak Of The Devil was a live concert video recorded soon after the tragic death of Ozzy’s original guitarist, Randy Rhoads. A nearly forgotten chapter of Ozzy Osbourne’s career, it’s now about to be reissued on DVD.
You could make it through the entire Boston Marathon with these ten marathon-length classics from the Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd and others on your playlist – that is, if they can all fit.
Earlier this week, the Lollapalooza festival confirmed rumors that Black Sabbath would be co-headlining, along with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Black Keys and Jack White. The metal legends have said that this would […]
As they get ready for their 2012 tour with Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden release a new concert on DVD and Blu-Ray on March 26 called En Vivo!, which features the band performing live in Santiago, Chile.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- Bono Talks Poverty and New U2 Music
- 1979: @eltonjohndotcom became the first Western artist to tour the USSR. wzlx.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/pho… http://t.co/qfSzU0sjxZ 2 hours ago
- Here's the audio of the insane bat mitzvah chaperone @KarlsonMcKenzie talked about today - warning, F-bombs ahead! ow.ly/leZmt 3 hours ago
- The one and only. In fact it was "The Sky is Crying"! RT @angelacedrone: love this crying guitar, Stevie Ray Vaughn? 3 hours ago
- CBS News: How to Help Those Affected By The #Oklahoma Tornado ow.ly/leXrr #PrayForOklahoma 4 hours ago
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 16 hours ago