Despite rampant rumors to the contrary, The Rolling Stones will apparently not play at Coachella music festival in Indio, California this April. Mick Jagger reportedly told the U.K.’s NME, “We’re not gonna do Coachella, ‘cos […]
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band closed out the U.K.’s Isle of Wight festival in grand fashion, choosing to cover the Beatles classic “Twist and Shout” with the final song. Fireworks accompanied the performance, which Vh1 broadcast on TV over the weekend.
Metallica’s Orion Music + More festival was an ambitious event that reflected not only the band’s musical tastes, but also their extra-curricular passions. The two-day festival featured four stages with over thirty bands and a handful of comedians, a film festival, a half-pipe, a surfing competition, a monster car show, and two museums (one dedicated to Kirk Hammett’s horror film memorabilia collection, the other dedicated to Metallica’s history).
In an exclusive interview with CBS Local, Metallica lead guitarist Kirk Hammett said, “I know Ride The Lightning forwards and backwards, it’s not like the ‘Black Album,’ where there are three or four songs that we rarely play. Over the course of the years, we’ve played most of Ride The Lightning, except for one song we’ve never done, ‘Escape.’ It was pretty easy. We put way more time into learning the ‘Black Album’ than Ride The Lightning.”
The annual Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK would be more than happy to book Guns N’ Roses - just not the current lineup.
Are you the festival-going type? If so, Bonnaroo has an interesting slate of classic performers on the lineup this year, including Alice Cooper and the reunited original lineup of the Beach Boys.
Bonnaroo 2012 has unveiled its lineup for the annual Tennessee music & arts festival. Radiohead returns to the farm for the first time since 2006, while the Red Hot Chili Peppers make their ‘Roo debut. […]
Photos: 50 Reasons Why Lollapalooza Rocksview gallery Picture it: it’s summer, 1990. [lastfm]Jane’s Addiction[/lastfm], a band who’s already put not a dent, but a crater in the alternative rock scene in America, is preparing to break […]
Music lovers have always flocked to festivals; why else would you be willing to travel to the middle of nowhere at the peak of the summer sun to brave mud, dirty toilets and ridiculously expensive […]
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Home Section
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- Bono Talks Poverty and New U2 Music
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 7 hours ago
- David Krejci Subtly Dominating Playoffs And Other Leftover #Bruins Thoughts From @MichaelFHurley: ow.ly/ldCJw 7 hours ago
- Matt Kalman's @TheBruinsBlog: Torey Krug And Bruins’ Defensemen Taking Offensive Charge Vs. Rangers ow.ly/ldCwh 8 hours ago
- Our own @mattdolloff explains why The Doors wouldn't have been The Doors without keyboardist Ray Manzarek: ow.ly/ldPbc 9 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KevinKarlson Talks About Meeting His Daughter's Unimpressive Prom Date ow.ly/ldCqY 9 hours ago