Rock fans may have approached Rock Of Ages with some cynicism this weekend, due to the casting of Tom Cruise in the lead role of fictional rock legend Stacee Jaxx. (And perhaps many fans didn’t approach the film – it opened in third place with just above a $15 million gross.)
Some may have been surprised when R&B superstar Mary J. Blige was cast as Justice Charlier in the long-anticpated film version of Rock Of Ages. However, Def Leppard was among the few that were not surprised.
Rock Of Ages opens today, featuring songs by a number of ‘80s stars including Pat Benatar, Foreigner and Twisted Sister. Unlike the Broadway show of the same name (which the movie is based on), the […]
Prior to the movie’s release, the Rock Of Ages soundtrack has already been made available, and features the Tom Cruise rendition of the 1987 Def Leppard hit “Pour Some Sugar On Me.”
Summer concert season is heating up at the Comcast Center in Mansfield! Get the run-down on all of the great classic rock shows that come to Mansfield this summer and fall.
Dick Clark, the man who helped bring rock `n’ roll into the mainstream on “American Bandstand,”and helped us count down to midnight on New Year’s Eve, died of a heart attack at the age of […]
It was a Broadway show, and this summer, it’ll be a movie starring Tom cruise as rock star Stacee Jaxx. Really? “Rock of Ages” tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy […]
Joe Elliot told the Daily Record that [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Def Leppard[/lastfm] has had to endure a stigmatized career due in part to the fact that they were labeled a “hair metal band” and have been suffering […]
All month long, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Def Leppard[/lastfm] is hosting an online Q&A with fans. In the latest round of questioning, Joe Elliott is asked how they got their name.
Def Leppard’s guitarist Phil Collen recently credited [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Jimi Hendrix[/lastfm] as one of his most important influences, as well as one of the most oft-copied guitarists in history.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Home Section
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- Okla. Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive Under Rubble [VIDEO]
- ICYMI: Why the @doorsofficial wouldn't have been nearly the same without Ray Manzarek ow.ly/lfDXq 1 hour ago
- LISTEN: @KarlsonMcKenzie remember late Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek ow.ly/lfyUy 1 hour ago
- 1979: @eltonjohndotcom became the first Western artist to tour the USSR. wzlx.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/pho… http://t.co/qfSzU0sjxZ 4 hours ago
- Here's the audio of the insane bat mitzvah chaperone @KarlsonMcKenzie talked about today - warning, F-bombs ahead! ow.ly/leZmt 5 hours ago
- The one and only. In fact it was "The Sky is Crying"! RT @angelacedrone: love this crying guitar, Stevie Ray Vaughn? 5 hours ago