The biggest metal band in the world has not only conquered the festival circuit, it’s created its own. Metallica has announced the complete line up for its second annual Orion Music + More Festival, set […]
Bassist and founding member of the British Invasion band The Dave Clark Five, Rick Huxley, has died at the age of 72, the BBC reports. Huxley had recently been battling emphysema due to years of […]
Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner. THE CASE: When our musical idols passed away in generations past, they left behind […]
Rock stars are known for getting away with murder, but we’ve rounded up ten of the world’s biggest sonic heroes who’ve found a way of snatching life back from the claws of the Grim Reaper to rock another day.
Next time you think about competing in a roach eating contest…think again.
Sadly, the history of rock is littered with tales of immense talent being snuffed by addiction to lethal narcotics. Here is our breakdown of 10 of the worst-case scenarios when rock stars got mixed up with hard drugs and lost.
Pete goes to Kevin’s Father-in-law’s wake, a birthday, and has the election all in the same day.
In honor of NBC’s Neil Young/Neil Armstrong mix-up this weekend, here are five other rock star death rumors through the years.
The Who’s John Entwistle, voted on by Rolling Stone readers as the #1 bassist of all time, passed away 10 years ago today. WZLX remembers the legendary bassist and pays tribute to his death by offering this photo retrospective.
Today, Jackson family members, celebrities and fans took to Twitter to honor Michael Jackson on the third anniversary of his death.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 4 hours ago
- David Krejci Subtly Dominating Playoffs And Other Leftover #Bruins Thoughts From @MichaelFHurley: ow.ly/ldCJw 4 hours ago
- Matt Kalman's @TheBruinsBlog: Torey Krug And Bruins’ Defensemen Taking Offensive Charge Vs. Rangers ow.ly/ldCwh 6 hours ago
- Our own @mattdolloff explains why The Doors wouldn't have been The Doors without keyboardist Ray Manzarek: ow.ly/ldPbc 6 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KevinKarlson Talks About Meeting His Daughter's Unimpressive Prom Date ow.ly/ldCqY 7 hours ago