It was a busy weekend for classic rock concerts in New England, where hometown heroes the J. Geils Band performed while David Byrne rocked Boston and Foreigner took their tour to Rhode Island. Fan photos on Twitter and Instagram tell the story.
Following last week’s goldmine of new music from legacy artists, we’re finding a few familiar faces at the top of the Billboard 200 album chart. Bob Dylan’s latest, “Tempest,” debuts high – No. 3 – while ZZ Top scores its highest album debut ever, coming in at No. 6 with “La Futura.”
Let’s take a look at this week’s albums, reissues and other musical goodies from classic artists making musical waves yet again.
Talking Heads took their unique live sound to Boston’s famed Paradise Rock Club on August 15, 1978, less than a month after the release of their second album “More Songs About Buildings and Food.”
Boston’s Classic Rock
WZLX Most Clicked
- Video Flashback: Led Zeppelin, Others Perform at Madison Square Garden in 1988 ow.ly/l93Fz 1 hour ago
- ICYMI: @KarlsonMcKenzie Invade #ChuckTV: The Vinyl Frontier ow.ly/l93x9 2 hours ago
- ICYMI: You might have a road trip coming up...Be prepared to have at least a couple of these fights: ow.ly/l92YP 2 hours ago
- Mother Of Bombing Survivors Calls Tsarnaev Brothers “Cowards” ow.ly/l91bJ 3 hours ago
- Looking to add a puppy to your life? Here's The Boston Area’s Best Dog Breeders: ow.ly/l911G 5 hours ago