Shortly before yesterday’s GRAMMY hoopla kicked off, Lincoln (yes, the car company) released a video of Beck covering David Bowie’s “Sound and Vision”with a 167-piece orchestra. Shot in a stunning 360-degree style, the nine-minute performance […]
“There is no ‘right’ way to sing ‘Hallelujah,’” writes Alan Light, the author of “The Holy or the Broken: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, and the Unlikely Ascent of ‘Hallelujah.’”
The album isn’t quite the same without hearing Dolenz’s stories behind the song choices. He shares a few in our sit-down session with him.
From Springsteen to The Kinks, Elvis Costello is not above tipping his fedora to other artists.
What if Jimi Hendrix hadn’t died? What songs would he have put his signature stamp on? Here are five songs we would have loved to hear Hendrix cover had he not fallen victim to the “27 Club.”
After a high-energy, 50-minute set in front of a packed crowd at the Ed Sullivan Theater last night for a “Live On Letterman” webcast, the Gaslight Anthem returned to the stage at the chanted requested of the audience. The Jersey-bred and Springsteen-approved band put an exclamation point on the show with a thunderous rendition of The Who’s “Baba O’Riley.”
Bachman & Turner tell CBS Local in a video interview that they’re not sure if there’s a market for their new music anymore, but that they have been thinking about a new album featuring covers of their favorite songs.
Capping off a mega set of 25 originals, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band ended their headlining set at the long-standing U.K. music festival Isle of Wight Festival on Sunday with a cover of The Beatles’ “Twist and Shout.”
On their upcoming box set, the Wilson sisters of Heart go deep. With three discs of original material and a bonus disc of Led Zeppelin covers, the rock group has plenty of space for rarities, […]
In a classic case of “don’t judge a book by its cover,” a ukulele player on Youtube who certainly doesn’t look like a pop singer actually does have a nice singing voice. Check out his […]
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Bruce @Springsteen knew he was the Boss even as a high-school kid. Listen to him cover "Purple Haze" at age 17: ow.ly/li1dX 34 minutes ago
- ICYMI: @KarlsonMcKenzie on John McCain's question for the Apple CEO ow.ly/lhXAh 1 hour ago
- Matt Kalman of @TheBruinsBlog: Kalman: #Bruins’ King Kong-Like Effort Earns Them 3-0 Series Lead ow.ly/lhR2V 2 hours ago
- More advice from @Man_Cave_Daily: 6 things that define a man...and why you shouldn't worry too much about them ow.ly/lhAh8 3 hours ago
- Please RT...Here's how you can help Moore, OK after the town's deadly tornado: ow.ly/lhgFF 3 hours ago