A tremendous show of support from a tremendous city. Thank you, Chicago.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Hershey Wood who can literally inhale hot dogs and spit them at breakneck speed.
With this year’s Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony getting closer, the debate about who should or shouldn’t get inducted intensifies among music fans. One consistent omission from the Hall – and this […]
Tuesday (November 27) marks 70 years since the birth of Jimi Hendrix, the man who changed electric guitar and rock’n'roll forever. For the past few weeks, CBS Local has discussed the man’s impact with musicians who came after him, his peers, and even one of his main inspirations. Everyone felt his influence, whether it was on their guitar playing, or their singing. Some even found a new direction for their life thanks to Jimi.
Robert Lamm of Chicago tells CBS Local that his band was doing horn-based arrangements of Hendrix songs early on. Hendrix became a fan and supporter of the group, and when he expressed respect for Chicago’s late guitarist/leader Terry Kath, it meant a lot to the entire group.pr
“I’m really proud of you,” the softie Commander and Chief said with a single tear, telling his team that they were “only just beginning”.
It’s a battle of regional knowledge in today’s north shore vs south shore!
The Chicago business is still a healthy one: like The Beach Boys, they tour every year to large crowds. But also like The Beach Boys, reuniting with their ex-frontman would be a huge event that would get the band more media attention than they’ve had in years, and would probably be a big enough deal to lead to a tour headlining the venues where they usually split the bill.
Tom Hanks told a great story at Michael Clarke Duncan’s funeral… and Jay Leno lost his composure.
Springsteen expects his band to be able to play different songs night after night, and apparently, the same holds true for his guests. Both Vedder and Morello showed up the following night, but each did (mostly) different songs from the prior concert
Boston’s Classic Rock
- Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry Willie Nelson at Berklee...
- Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United Eric Clapton's Crossroads...
- Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner Your 2013 Boston Red Sox
- The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers Celebrity Mugshots
WZLX Most Clicked
- Ray Manzarek, Keyboardist For The Doors, Passes Away At 74
- Home Section
- Code Word for Cash with K&M
- Karlson and McKenzie
- K&M Use a Woodchipper to Shred a Grandfather Clock, Among Other Things [VIDEO]
- Bono Talks Poverty and New U2 Music
- The Doors Wouldn't Have Been The Doors Without Ray Manzarek
- RT @bruinfan27: Appreciate @WZLX and the @Doors marathon 8 hours ago
- David Krejci Subtly Dominating Playoffs And Other Leftover #Bruins Thoughts From @MichaelFHurley: ow.ly/ldCJw 9 hours ago
- Matt Kalman's @TheBruinsBlog: Torey Krug And Bruins’ Defensemen Taking Offensive Charge Vs. Rangers ow.ly/ldCwh 10 hours ago
- Our own @mattdolloff explains why The Doors wouldn't have been The Doors without keyboardist Ray Manzarek: ow.ly/ldPbc 10 hours ago
- LISTEN: @KevinKarlson Talks About Meeting His Daughter's Unimpressive Prom Date ow.ly/ldCqY 11 hours ago