Fresh off releasing their masterwork “Aqualung”, Ian Anderson and his flute led Jethro Tull into the Boston Garden on November 15, 1971. The band had also undergone significant shifts in the lineup at the time, but that didn’t stop them from touring.
The Boston Garden played host to two legendary shows on this day two years apart, as Aerosmith rode the success of their legendary album “Rocks” home to Boston in 1976 while Queen would take their show to the Garden in 1978.
Rock n’ roll fans nowadays understand how spectacular a Bruce Springsteen live performance usually is. But back on September 25, 1978, Bruce and the E Street Band was just getting started, and introduced Boston to the greatness that is The Boss’ live shows.
After the Beatles’ brief February ’64 visit to the U.S., where they played the Ed Sullivan Show and a handful of introductory dates in the U.S., the band returned in the late summer for their first extended and proper tour of America.
The Boston Garden played host to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on August 7, 1981, just three months after the legendary singer-songwriter released his fourth album Hard Promises. Petty had one of his earliest battles […]
On this date in 1977, the legendary Steve Miller Band performed live at The Boston Garden. The band has sold more than 24 million records in the US and has recorded three No. 1 singles […]
On this day in 1971, The Who played a show at The Music Hall, which is now known as The Wang Center. Considered to be the greatest band of all time by many, The Who […]
On this date in 1978, Crosby, Stills & Nash came to the Boston Garden for a memorable performance.
On this date in 1971, The Allman Brothers played an historic two night show at the Boston Garden. The band had just broken through to commercial success months earlier with the release of “Live at the Fillmore East.”
On this date in 1980, the legendary Van Halen came to town to play at the Boston Garden. The American rockers have sold more than 75 million albums worldwide and released 15 albums that reached […]
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Man Killed By FBI In Marathon Probe Arrested In 2010 Boston Road Rage ow.ly/lk0vz 14 minutes ago
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has #Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals ow.ly/ljVZP 53 minutes ago
- He can't win 'em all...Bill Belichick Falls Out Of Top Spot On Forbes’ Highest Paid Coach List ow.ly/ljTZ5 1 hour ago
- Would you go gamblin'? NH House Voting Whether To Legalize Casino ow.ly/livYt 15 hours ago
- There's so much wrong with this...Boston Church Official Linked to ‘Whitey’ Bulger Accused Of Theft, Racketeering ow.ly/livRS 16 hours ago