Band of Joy
Americana singer-songwriter Patty Griffin played two benefits in her hometown of Austin, TX this weekend, and it seems her set turned into a bit of a Led Zeppelin jam session with her bandmate (and significant other), Robert Plant.
“I’m enjoying life and spending more time in America now. I really enjoy it. I’m becoming way more aware and opinionated and stimulated by these new adventures. Everybody says I’m workaholic, and I just keep going and going. And I will do that (again).” — Robert Plant
Plant’s songwriting drought will come to and end with his next album, which features a new backing band, The Sensational Shape Shifters. Plant tells England’s Telegraph that his next record is almost finished, and will feature “Twelve tracks, eleven originals and no sentimental stuff.”
Robert Plant recently surprised fans by releasing a downloadable live album of a concert with his new band, The Sensational Shape Shifters, the day after the concert. The show was recorded at the HMV Forum in London on July 12 and released as a digital download the following day.
It’s been a long time since Robert Plant’s love life has been so hotly discussed, but the Led Zeppelin frontman is in the news this week for saying that he “eloped.”
Robert Plant and Band of Joy have released the trailer for their concert special “Live From the Artist’s Den,” which arrives on DVD and Blu-Ray on July 10.
Robert Plant & Band of Joy will release a DVD of their recent performance at the War Memorial Auditorium in Nashville as part of the “Artist’s Den” television series.
Robert Plant is making his next artistic move: a few weeks ago, The Sunflower River Blues and Gospel Festival in Clarksdale, Mississippi announced that the former Led Zeppelin singer, with his new band, The Sensational […]
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Robert Plant[/lastfm] has been selected by the Montreal International Jazz Festival to receive their annual Spirit Award.
Last weekend in Manchester, Tennessee at Bonnaroo was a great one for ZLX artists! [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Buffalo Springfield[/lastfm] played one of their first shows together in decades, Robert Plant played Zeppelin classics and Gregg Allman showcased […]
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- ICYMI: Check Out President Obama’s Prom Pictures! ow.ly/lncrN 2 minutes ago
- Memorial Day: 10 Classic Soldier Songs ow.ly/lnc7I 1 hour ago
- Ritchie Blackmore is a great guitarist, but what he's REALLY great at is SMASHING them! His best work: ow.ly/lnbOx 2 hours ago
- ICYMI: Carter Alan talks The Who's "Tommy", which came out this week in 1969: ow.ly/lnbDW 2 hours ago
- Still not too late to check out Boston-area Memorial Day weekend events! ow.ly/lnbCi 4 hours ago