Ray Manzarek On The Doors’ “Live At The Bowl ’68″: “Those Four Guys Were The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse!”
With their second #1 single under their belt (“Hello, I Love You”; the first was “Light My Fire”) the Doors were on top of the world, having realized all their dreams of becoming rock stars in just a few short years. “The best laid plans of mice and men had not gone astray yet,” Manzarek muses. “We dreamed of putting a rock and roll band together on Venice Beach in the summer of 1965. This is now the summer of 1968 and we had attained the goal. We wanted to be as big as the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, and we had arrived at that place.”
Two days after their historic performance on The Ed Sullivan Show, The Beatles performed their first U.S. concert at the Washington Coliseum. Cheap seats went for $2, with the better ones commanding $4. Over 8,000 […]
As great a singer and performer Janis Joplin proved to be in the studio, she was that much better in a live setting. Now, a 1968 concert featuring Joplin in San Francisco is coming out […]
The Board of Supervisors of the city and county of San Francisco have declared September 13, 2011 as Jimi Hendrix Winterland Day – in honor of his 3-night Winterland Ballroom performances in 1968.
Check out Mod Odyssey, a documentary from 1968 all about the making of the film Yellow Submarine. See how the animators turned [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]The Beatles[/lastfm] songs into an entire movie.
What’s the only thing better than listening to “White Room” by Cream? Watching Cream perform “White Room” in 1968 live in their prime.
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Warren Haynes On What To Expect From His Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration Tour ow.ly/ll2Z2 20 minutes ago
- Ritchie Blackmore took guitar smashing to delirious new levels...A compilation of his utter destruction: ow.ly/lkS2M 1 hour ago
- WATCH: Mick Taylor reunites with the @RollingStones on stage! ow.ly/lkLlF 2 hours ago
- The Classic Rock Classic has been been rescheduled to Tuesday (May 28th) due to tomorrow's inclement weather! ow.ly/lkHoK 3 hours ago
- Pete Townshend once told Carter Alan on 'Tommy': "Now I have 'F*** off' money!" The Who's rock opera turns 44 today: ow.ly/lkl6c 3 hours ago