Sunday Morning Blues
On this week’s Sunday Morning Blues show, we began with a tribute to three members of the Blues elite who we have lost. On February 21st, guitarist and singer Magic Slim passed away at the age of 75.
This week on Sunday Morning Blues, show #684, we cast agenda to the wind and played Blues Roulette, letting the bouncing ball take us…wherever!
This week we began with birthday tributes to Lou Ann Barton and Irma Thomas, two wonderful singers about as wide apart in the ocean of the Blues that you can get. Still, that’s one of [...]
This week on Sunday Morning Blues, we featured another song from the James Montgomery Band’s brand new album, “From Detroit to the Delta.” Last week, you might remember, we featured “Little Johnnie,” a tribute to [...]
This week, one of our features was a tribute to Skip James, an often overlooked bluesman who was embraced by people like Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker in their band Cream.
This week on Sunday Morning Blues, it is time to thank you once again for supporting the show over all these years. It is your emails and letters and Facebook posts that continue to prove to CBS Radio the value of playing three hours of Blues and Blues-rock on Sunday mornings.
We began this week’s show with a tribute to Huddy William Ledbetter, better known as Leadbelly – born in 1888 and died in 1949. He was a true icon of music back in the day, writing many hits and being toasted by high society.
This week on the show we began by marking the birthday of the late Long John Baldry, a giant of the 60′s British blues scene and a singer who made his mark with a number of bands. Future stars like Rod Stewart and Elton John would get their start in groups that Baldry formed. His immortal “Don’t Lay No Boogie Woogie (On the King of Rock n’ Roll) remains one of Sunday Morning Blues most requested tunes!
This week, the show began with a birthday tribute to legendary harp player and lead singer Kim Wilson. We also had to play some Elvis Presley since the Blues and Country music inspired him to take the next step into rock and roll.
As in the past, we offered up a Top 25 Countdown of the year’s best Sunday Morning Blues songs. All of these are from excellent albums and would make nice additions to your own collections!
Boston’s Classic Rock
- R.I.P. Ray Manzarek Karlson & McKenzie "Ruin... Maxim Hot 100 Party Rolling Stones + Katy Perry
- Willie Nelson at Berklee... Drive for Charity 2013... 2013 Rock Hall Induction Bruins Fans Stand United
- Eric Clapton's Crossroads... Ronnie Wood Art Exhibition Mick Jagger's Hot Daughter Gibson's New Robot Tuner
- Your 2013 Boston Red Sox The "Gooeyville Slugger"... Steven Tyler Turns 65! Pink Floyd Album Covers
WZLX Most Clicked
- Plenty happening in #Boston this weekend! Check out all the Memorial Day weekend festivities: ow.ly/lk0Bn 56 minutes ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Marathon Probe Arrested In 2010 Boston Road Rage ow.ly/lk0vz 1 hour ago
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has #Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals ow.ly/ljVZP 1 hour ago
- He can't win 'em all...Bill Belichick Falls Out Of Top Spot On Forbes’ Highest Paid Coach List ow.ly/ljTZ5 2 hours ago
- Would you go gamblin'? NH House Voting Whether To Legalize Casino ow.ly/livYt 16 hours ago