- Rock Bowl I: Matching Up 8 of the Very Best Bands from Boston and Seattle With the Pats and Seahawks facing off Sunday, it's only appropriate for ZLX to pit the very best rock bands from Boston and Seattle against each other to see who would come out on top.
- Eddie Van Halen to Discuss 'What It Means to Be American' in D.C. The usually reclusive Eddie Van Halen will be interviewed at a public event in Washington, D.C.
- K&M Talked to Warren Haynes Gov't Mule put out a new album with John Scofield called "Sco-Mule" so we had Warren on to talk about it. Listen to his Super Bowl prediction.
- Elton John & 'True Blood' Creator Alan Ball to Write Musical Pilot For HBO The show follows a class of musical prodigies at an Academy of Musical Excellence in 18th century Vienna. And yes, it will be a musical.
- 6 Rock N' Roll Classics You Can Learn in 5 Minutes Anyone with a guitar can learn these songs in minutes. They are simple, but incredibly catchy and instantly memorable. Learn them to have some fun with your friends and maybe lead an epic sing-along.
- Watch ZZ Top Perform Their Tribute to a Dirty South Classic "I Gotsta Get Paid" borrows liberally from DJ DMD's "25 Lighters," a crack-rap anthem, and they rightfully shared songwriting credit.
- Gregg Allman Announces 2015 Spring Tour The tour begins March 13 in Northfield, Ohio.
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for 'Stay With Me' Smith was ordered to pay Petty royalties for his hit single "Stay With Me," which sounded a lot like Petty's 1989 track "I Won't Back Down."
- Peter Frampton, Cheap Trick Announce Co-Headlining Tour If you thought Peter Frampton was gonna let that incident where he threw a fan's phone keep him down, you were wrong. So, so wrong.
- Bob Dylan Treating 50,000 AARP Members to His New Album If you're a member of AARP, that's now a bragging right—especially if you're a fan of Bob Dylan.
- Alice Cooper & Tommy Lee Describe Budokan's "Traffic Signal" for Crowd Control Alice and Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee both joined Chuck Nowlin on the phone Friday afternoon to talk about the tour and the interesting places they've played. They offered some unique insight into Tokyo's iconic Nippon Budokan, commonly known as...
- ELO's 'Strange Magic': 8 Great Electric Light Orchestra Song Placements in Movies ELO's songs have been used in numerous movies, from 'Boogie Nights' and 'Xanadu' on up to George Lucas's new animated feature 'Strange Magic,' which hits theaters today. Here are 8 of the best song placements.