In 1981 REO Speedwagon played the Boston Garden supporting its recently-released “Hi-Infidelity” album. The band’s first #1 single came from that album; what song was it?
ANSWER: “Keep on Loving You”
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for July 14th, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- 1967: The Who began its first full-scale U.S. tour in Seattle as the opening act for Herman’s Hermits.
- 1980: Allen Klein the former accountant for the Beatles and the Rolling Stones began a two-month prison sentence for filing false tax returns.
- 1987: Steve Miller attended the unveiling of his star on the Hollywood walk of fame.
- 1992: George Harrison’s double CD “Live in Japan” was released. It was recorded during his tour of Japan in December of 1991 and featured Eric Clapton on guitar with his band.
- 2007: Aerosmith’s “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” topped the UK’s “magic TV” list of “the nation’s favorite wedding songs.”
Checking out the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1970: Procal Harum played the Boston Tea Party for the first of three nights.
- 1973: Van Morrison was at the Lenox Music.
- 1981: It was R.E.O Speedwagon on its “Hi-Infidelity” tour playing the Garden.
- 2007: John Mellencamp played the Pavilion.