On this day in 1975 filming began in New Mexico on “The Man Who Fell to Earth” starring David Bowie. A still from that movie appeared on the cover of what Bowie album?
ANSWER: “Station to Station”
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for July 1st, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- 1965: “A Spaniard in the Works”, John Lennon’s second book was published in the U.S.
- 1967: The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band topped the charts.
- 1970: Jimi Hendrix had his first recording sessions at Electric Ladyland studios.
- 1976: During a concert in Hartford, Connecticut, Peter Frampton fell from the stage and cracked two of his ribs.
Checking out the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1970: We have Ten Years After at Harvard Stadium with Mott the Hoople.
- 1972: Faces was at the Garden.
- 1979: The Charlie Daniels Band played the Lawn at the Lenox Music Inn.