The Grateful Dead played the Boston Garden on this night in 1974. The band released a single that year which should have hit the American sales chart, but didn’t. What was the song?
ANSWER: “U.S. Blues”
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for June 28th, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- 1968: The Jefferson Airplane appeared on the cover of Life magazine.
- 1969: Jimi Hendrix performed a benefit concert for the Martin Luther King Memorial Fund.
- 1984: Bruce Springsteen’s video “Dancing in the Dark” was filmed at St. Paul’s Civic Center. There were 200 extras on hand, as well as Courtney Cox, who played the part of the girl invited by Bruce onto the stage.
- 1992: Bonnie Raitt opened a show at Wembley Stadium in London that featured Eric Clapton and Elton John. She was the only opening act that both of the headliners had wanted.
- 1997: George Harrison had an operation to remove a benign growth from his neck.
Checking the WZLX ticket stash…