In 1980 Bruce Springsteen played the Boston Garden. What was the name of the tour he was performing with the E Street Band at the time?
ANSWER: “The River Tour” (the original)
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for December 15, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- Happy Birthday to Paul Simonon, bass player for The Clash.
- 1969: John Lennon performs his last concert in London — a charity event for UNICEF called “Peace for Christmas.”
- 1977: The Who play a private party for fan club members and film it. The film becomes part of their documentary “The Kids are Alright.”
- 1979: Pink Floyd began a 5-week stint at #1 on the English singles chart for “Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2,” becoming the final #1 single of the 70s in the UK.
- 1984: The Honeydrippers, featuring Robert Plan at Brian Setzer of The Stray Cats were the musical guest on Saturday Night Live.
- 2006: B.B. King is among those who received the Presidential Medal of Freedom – the country’s highest honor for a civilian.