Bob Dylan played the Boston Garden on this night in 1978. He did 27 songs including a blues classic by Willie Dixon. What was the classic cover?
ANSWER: “I’m Ready.”
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for September 20, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- 1970: Jim Morrison was found guilty of indecent exposure and profanity, but acquitted of other charges in Miami.
- 1974: Lynyrd Skynyrd’s sophomore effort “Second Helping” went gold today.
- 1975: Bruce Springsteen released the album and single “Born to Run”.
- 1983: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Steve Winwood were among the performers at the A.R.M.S. benefit in London. The concert raised money to support research for multiple sclerosis. It was prompted by Faces bassist Ronnie Lane, who was stricken with the disease.
- 1993: The Moody Blues donated a special cassette of their 1967 album “Days of Future Passed” to the Los Angeles Hard Rock Café. The cassette had been taken into orbit 4 times by space shuttle astronaut & Moody Blues fan Robert “Hoot” Gibson.
- 1995: Van Halen performed an outdoor show in Denver even though a storm had just blanketed the city with 11 inches of snow.
- 2005: Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page received honorary Rio de Janeiro citizenship in recognition of his charity work done in the Brazilian city.