Fleetwood Mac played the Boston Tea Party on this night in 1969. Who was playing guitar in the band at that point?
ANSWER: The early three-guitar lineup – Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer & Danny
What else happened on this day in rock n’ roll history? Here’s the Rock N’ Roll Diary for December 26th, from the College of Classic Rock Knowledge – 100.7 WZLX!
- 1967: The Beatles’ “Magical Mystery Tour” film premieres on British TV.
- 1970: Former Beatle George Harrison reaches #1 on the American singles charts with his song “My Sweet Lord.”
- 1978: The Aerosmith “Live Bootleg” album is certified platinum.
- 1981: AC/DC’s album “For Those About to Rock, We Salute You” reaches #1 in sales in the U.S., knocking The Rolling Stones album “Tattoo You” off the top of the charts. “Tattoo You” had been #1 for nine weeks.
- 1997: The New York Post reports that The Rolling Stones were the top-grossing concert draw of the year, bringing in more than $89 million. U2 came in second with $79 million for their “Popmart” tour. U2, however, didn’t net a lot of money because their tour cost more than a quarter-million dollars per day to run.
- 2003: The Playground in St. Petersburg, Russia, which was created with a $5,000 donation from Paul McCartney, officially opens.
From the WZLX ticket stash…
- Fleetwood Mac played the Boston Tea Party in 1969.