Many classic rock fans have wanted a Pink Floyd reunion for years now. They got their wish on July 2, 2005, at the Live 8 benefit concert in London. It may have been just one night, but it made the band’s long-awaited reunion that much more special.
I’ve written before about why Floyd’s surviving members should just put aside their differences and do one last reunion tour. If they did this Live 8 gig for charity purposes, imagine the cash they’d rake in for charities with a full-blown world tour.
The long-awaited all-out reunion tour may never happen, but fans at least got a glimpse of how awesome and epic such a show would be with Floyd’s one-off performance at Live 8. Watch the entire set in the video below and hope that this is not the last time the band gets back together.
“Wish You Were Here”
- Pink Floyd Memorabilia to be Displayed in London Museum Exhibit
- Rock Talk With Carter: The Release of Pink Floyd’s First Album
- David Gilmour Plays First of Two Historic Shows In Pompeii
- David Gilmour Performs “One of These Days” Live for First Time in 22 Years
- Pink Floyd Studio for ‘The Wall’ Torn Down for Luxury Apartments
- Pink Floyd to Reissue Catalog on Vinyl
- Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones Confirm Involvement in ‘Mega-festival’
- Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour Pays Tribute to Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Mid-Song
- Sync Pink Floyd’s ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ with ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’
- David Gilmour Performs Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here” On Jimmy Kimmel Live Last Night