Watch Pink Floyd Reunite for Live 8 in 2005
Many classic rock fans have wanted a Pink Floyd reunion for years now. They got their wish on July 2, 2005, at the Live 8 benefit concert in London. It may have been just one night, but it made the band’s long-awaited reunion that much more special.
I’ve written before about why Floyd’s surviving members should just put aside their differences and do one last reunion tour. If they did this Live 8 gig for charity purposes, imagine the cash they’d rake in for charities with a full-blown world tour.
The long-awaited all-out reunion tour may never happen, but fans at least got a glimpse of how awesome and epic such a show would be with Floyd’s one-off performance at Live 8. Watch the entire set in the video below and hope that this is not the last time the band gets back together.
“Wish You Were Here”
- Roger Waters on ‘The Wall’ Tour Doc: ‘It’s an Anti-War Protest Movie’
- Power Station That Covered Pink Floyd Album Becoming Luxury Villas
- A Radio DJ Claims He Knows Who “Killed” Pink Floyd’s Inflatable Pig
- Roger Waters’ ‘The Wall Live Tour’ Gets the Documentary Treatment
- TOGA! TOGA! 6 Rockstars Who Have a Degree In Something Other Than Rock
- Pink Floyd’s New Album Being “Spacey” Might Be The Least Shocking News Ever
- Watch Roger Waters’ “The Wall – Live in Berlin” In Full
- Watch Pink Floyd Play Venice in 1989
- Here’s Who Should Really Appear on the New Pink Floyd Album
- Sorry, Pink Floyd Fans: The New Album Isn’t Actually “New”