Many classic rock fans have wanted a Pink Floyd reunion for years now. They got their wish on July 2, 2005, at the Live 8 benefit concert in London. It may have been just one night, but it made the band’s long-awaited reunion that much more special.
I’ve written before about why Floyd’s surviving members should just put aside their differences and do one last reunion tour. If they did this Live 8 gig for charity purposes, imagine the cash they’d rake in for charities with a full-blown world tour.
The long-awaited all-out reunion tour may never happen, but fans at least got a glimpse of how awesome and epic such a show would be with Floyd’s one-off performance at Live 8. Watch the entire set in the video below and hope that this is not the last time the band gets back together.
“Wish You Were Here”
- David Gilmour Hints at New Solo Album
- Eddie Vedder Joins Roger Waters for ‘Comfortably Numb’
- David Gilmour Releases Trailer For Historic ‘Live at Pompeii’ Concert
- Kendall Jenner Is Defaming ‘Vintage’ Rock Tees With Her Face
- Pink Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’ Gold Plaque Goes To Auction
- David Gilmour’s Historic ‘Live at Pompeii’ Film to Screen Worldwide
- Roger Waters Performs ‘Déjà Vu’ on ‘The Late Show’
- Top 10 Record Store Day Releases For Classic Rock Fans
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters Unveils Track List for Solo Album
- Scientists Name Newly Discovered Shrimp after Pink Floyd