Watch Pink Floyd Reunite for Live 8 in 2005
Many classic rock fans have wanted a Pink Floyd reunion for years now. They got their wish on July 2, 2005, at the Live 8 benefit concert in London. It may have been just one night, but it made the band’s long-awaited reunion that much more special.
I’ve written before about why Floyd’s surviving members should just put aside their differences and do one last reunion tour. If they did this Live 8 gig for charity purposes, imagine the cash they’d rake in for charities with a full-blown world tour.
The long-awaited all-out reunion tour may never happen, but fans at least got a glimpse of how awesome and epic such a show would be with Floyd’s one-off performance at Live 8. Watch the entire set in the video below and hope that this is not the last time the band gets back together.
“Wish You Were Here”
- Pink Floyd Is Saving Their Famous Pig From Going To Auction
- Pink Floyd’s Iconic Floating Pig Is Going Up For Auction, Among Other Famous Props
- David Gilmour Covers The Beatles Classic “Here, There and Everywhere.”
- David Gilmour Covered The Beatles for MOJO And Finally Agreed To Release It
- Roger Waters: Planning an Album, Tour, Memoirs
- David Gilmour Just Put The Final Nail in Pink Floyd’s Coffin: “We Are Done”
- Roger Waters Admits “I Don’t Listen to Music”
- 7 Weird Original Band Names
- Watch Roger Waters Perform “Wish You Were Here” With My Morning Jacket at Newport Folk Festival
- Funny Or Die Renamed Classic Albums Based on Their Covers, and It’s Hilarious