Get to know your 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll Rumble bands!
Sinnet on Bandcamp // Follow Sinnet // Sinnet on Facebook
1. Tell us a little about the members of the band. Include secret nicknames. Especially if the band member doesn’t know they have a secret nickname.
This lineup of the band has been playing since summer so the nicknames don’t run too deep. So far we got Kevin “Junkyard Dog” Junker, Michael “Stu” Stewart, and lately Ryan “Mercedes” has been playing guitar with us – we don’t even know his real last name. My last name (Spransy) is usually the basis of any nicknames I get: “Spranky, Spran-zoid, Zoid, Sprinkles, Spranz” you get the idea…
2. Where is your band from specifically? Tell us about your town.
Mike and I are both from Wisconsin. We played together in a Milwaukee based band called Those Royals a bunch of years ago. Milwaukee is a “Great Place by a Great Lake” – seriously it’s an awesome city, with amazing people, a vibrant music community and a “darling” airport. Kevin is from Mass originally and usually zones out when we yammer on about Milw.
3. What do you know about the Rock ‘n’ Roll Rumble’s history?
Not a ton. More familiar about it’s recent history. Our pal Chuck’s band one last year, heard some good stories from him.
4. Has anyone in your band participated in the Rumble before? If yes, how was it?
Nope, we’re all scared little virgins.
5. Of the many bands who have gone before you, who among them is your favorite?
Letters to Cleo, Morphine, Parks, Spirit Kid, Mount Peru, Susan Constant, The Fatal Flaw (wink, wink).
6. Yours is one of 24 bands selected to take part in this year’s annual Boston music lovefest. What was it like to get the invitation?
It comes at a great time. We are quite excited! A couple of months ago I was seriously considering hanging it up. But lately we’ve been in some “weird good news conspiracy”…
7. Win or lose, it is more about how you play the game. How is the band preparing to play in the 2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll Rumble?
Checking out the other bands, eating sandwiches, jazzercise etc.
8. What do you hope to take away from your band’s Rumble experience — besides avoiding the #RumblePlague?
We look at it as a great way to meet other local bands, make some friends, hang with some old homies and spread the Sinnet ‘Gospel’!
9. How would you describe the music community today?
Compared to the community in Milwaukee Boston is pretty different. Still trying to figure it all out. It’s a bit bigger, there are more outlets on the national level but it also seems like there are more niches and small clicks. The variety is great but sometimes I miss the close-knit music community of Milwaukee.
10. What do you want the other 23 bands to know about your band?
You can pronounce the name “Sinnet” however you please. The name comes from the licence plate that adorned a long line of Toyota Camrys my Mom drove. It was a gift from my dad – she was an avid tennis player. It’s also a nice dedication to her memory
2014 Rock ‘n’ Roll Rumble begins Sunday, April 6, 2014
Full details at