Chachi’s Rare Copy of the Banned Beatles Album Cover ‘Yesterday and Today’
Welcome to Chachi’s Collectible Corner, a new web feature from Breakfast with the Beatles on 100.7 WZLX. Your host Chachi Loprete has an impressively vast, highly valuable collection of Beatles memorabilia, and in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four’s arrival in America, he’s here to show it all off.
The first item Chachi wants to share is an absolute treasure of Beatles collecting, and it’s of the controversial kind – a copy of the original record cover for the Beatles’ Yesterday and Today.
What was the problem with the cover? You’ll see.
The understandably off-putting cover eventually got banned from stores, forcing the band to go with the much more tame new cover. Chachi owns three copies – but like all of his collectibles, they’re not for sale. In case you’re wondering, though, copies of “the butcher cover” have sold for prices ranging from $1,000 to $25,000.
Check back to WZLX.com in the future for more awesome Beatles collectibles from the magical era of Beatlemania!
More Breakfast with the Beatles on WZLX.com:
- Roundtable: Remembering the Beatles in Boston, 50 Years Later
- Chachi Recalls the Beatles at the Boston Garden, 50 Years Later
- How a Group of Beatles Fans Infiltrated the Band’s Press Conference With Just a College ID
- That Time Ringo Got Rejected by The Beatles
- The Beatles Needed an Armored Truck to Make it to their Show in Houston [PHOTOS]