Rod Stewart on Jeff Beck: “We Seem To Have Lost Contact With Each Other”
Fans of the Faces hoping for a reunion can expect one in 2015, which Stewart said he and Ron Wood’s reps are “earmarking” for the classic supergroup to get back together. Kenney Jones had previously said the reunion tour would take place in 2014.
What about a Jeff Beck Band reunion? Unfortunately that sounds much less likely, according to Stewart’s assessment of his longtime friendship and professional partnership with Beck.
“We seem to have lost contact with each other now, sadly,” he said of their relationship.
Carter had never actually spoken to Stewart before but had seen him in concert many times. Steve Winwood, the supporting act for Stewart’s tour that plays the TD Garden on December 4, came out of the same early British blues scene of the 1960s.
Stewart feels fortunate just to still be around to play for people, compared to many of his British contemporaries.
“There’s certainly not many of us still performing,” he said. “We’re lucky guys.”
MORE ON ROD STEWART:
- Rod Stewart and Carlos Santana to Kick Off Co-Headlining Tour
- Live Covers of Springsteen, Hendrix, the Beatles Highlight Rod Stewart Box Set
- Live: Rod Stewart Brings Vegas to Madison Square Garden
- Rod Stewart on Jeff Beck: “We Seem To Have Lost Contact With Each Other”
- Is Carter Gonna Like It: Death Metal Christmas? Gabe Day-Lewis?