Steven Tyler Calls Carter Alan: “The Boston Vibe Is Back!”
Look who randomly called Carter Alan! Steven Tyler decided to phone in to the show Thursday afternoon in the wake of the Red Sox’s Wednesday night World Series win, and you can hear the jubilation in his voice.
“The Boston vibe is back!” he declared in reference to the immense buzz surrounding the series-clinching win, which happened on the Fenway Park field for the first time since 1918.
Steven is busy now with Aerosmith, who played Mexico City last Sunday and came back home to Boston on Monday. He got to witness the Red Sox’s win in person with upper-level seats behind home plate. How he made it through the World Series without singing the National Anthem even once is anyone’s guess.
With Thursday being Halloween, he even managed to work in a corny (and slightly dirty) joke about witches. And when Carter asked him about a potential repeat New Year’s Eve concert from Aerosmith, he replied “Wouldn’t that be beautiful?”
So while it doesn’t sound like anything’s set in stone, it does sound like Steven would love to do it. For now, he’s reveling in Boston’s triumph as much as anyone.
MORE ON AEROSMITH:
- Joe Perry’s Top 5 Aerosmith Riffs
- Aerosmith’s Joe Perry Blames Record Companies for ‘End of An Era’ in Music
- Aerosmith Takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on Stage in Texas
- Aerosmith Finally Did the Ice Bucket Challenge and Nominated Fleetwood Mac [VIDEO]
- Steven Tyler Helps Out Sin City With New Track: “Skin City”