Mary S. Perry, mother of Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, died Thursday at the age of 88 in New London, N.H.
Born in Lawrence, Mass., Mrs. Perry graduated from Boston University and earned her Master’s degree in Physical Education from Springfield College. She served as head of the physical education department in Hopedale and coached varsity sports for more than 25 years.
She also started her own original aerobics program that she started in Arizona, before continuing it when she moved to New London. She continued to teach the program into her 70s.
“In many ways, she was ahead of her time as far as her way of thinking and living, whether it be exploring books on quantum physics or women’s rights,” said Joe of his mother.
And of course, Mrs. Perry was a devoted Aerosmith fan. She saw thousands of Aerosmith shows right by the stage during her lifetime.
MORE ON AEROSMITH:
- Steven Tyler Will Play The Bataclan Theater In Paris
- Aerosmith Feels ‘Abandoned’ by Steven Tyler’s Solo Career
- Aerosmith’s Joe Perry Working On A Solo Instrumental Album
- Donald Trump Won’t Use Aerosmith’s “Dream On”, Even Though He Bought The Rights To It
- Tyler To Trump: You Want To Use My Songs? Dream On!