Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- Rare Beatles Recording Found In Desk Drawer After 50 Years
- Beatles’ First Management Contract Sells for £365,000 at Auction
- Paul McCartney Deems Competition With John Lennon ‘Necessary’
- ‘The Beatles 1’ will be Reissued as Deluxe Edition
- Ringo Starr to Auction Over 800 Beatles Items
- Man Who Declared Paul As “Dead” Was Kidding, Guys
- Ringo Answers Infamous Icebreaker, “The Beatles Or The Rolling Stones”?
- Beatlemania Returns Thanks to Canadian Copyright Law
- Paul McCartney Feared For His Life After John Lennon’s Death
- David Gilmour Covered The Beatles for MOJO And Finally Agreed To Release It