Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- If Classic Rock Songs Were Emojis
- Jack Bruce, Ann Wilson Featured on Beatles Tribute Album ‘Keep Calm and Salute the Beatles’
- Mark Benson of ‘1964 The Tribute’ Talks New Vinyl With Cha-Chi
- Jack Bruce’s Final Recording: A Devastating Interpretation of The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby”
- Eight John Lennon LPs Getting Reissued in New Box Set
- Kurt Cobain Covered The Beatles’ “And I Love Her” and It’s Even Darker than the Original
- Paul and Linda McCartney’s Love Story In The Form Of Song
- Paul McCartney and His Love, Linda (PHOTOS)
- The Best Part of Google’s “Inside Abbey Road” Virtual Tour: The Interactive Gadgets
- Ringo Starr Didn’t Get Over the Beatles’ Breakup for 20 Years