Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- Happy Birthday Ringo Starr! Check Out 30 Classic Photos of the Beatles Legend
- Ringo Starr to Celebrate 75th Birthday with L.A. Celebration
- Yoko Ono Won’t Let ISIS & Jihadi John ‘Destroy the Memory of John Lennon’
- Minimation: John Lennon on Sneaking Out to Party During the Beatles’ First U.S. Trip
- PHOTOS: Paul McCartney Performs at Firefly Festival in Delaware
- Crazy True Stories Behind Rock’s Most Famous Guitar Riffs
- Newly Recovered John Lennon Guitar Expected to Claim Hefty Sum on Auction Block
- Here’s a Guy Playing the Beatles on Guitar During Brain Surgery
- Watch a Guy Play “Yesterday” on Guitar During Brain Surgery
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’