Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- Paul McCartney Feared For His Life After John Lennon’s Death
- David Gilmour Covered The Beatles for MOJO And Finally Agreed To Release It
- The Beatles’ First Contract Can Be Yours for $150K, and Other Items in New Auction
- Watch The Beatles’ Final Performance On Ed Sullivan
- Why Does Michael Jackson Own the Beatles’ Songs, and Can Paul McCartney Get Them Back?
- Keith Richards Said What About The Beatles?!
- Keith Richards Says ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ is “Rubbish”
- Beatles Artist Alex Ross Paints What He Loves
- Cha-Chi Interviews Michael Seth Starr, Author of “Ringo, With A Little Help”
- Watch Paul McCartney & Metallica Perform at Lollapalooza