Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- Listen to an Alternate Version of George Harrison’s ‘The Inner Light’
- Roundtable: Remembering the Beatles in Boston, 50 Years Later
- Chachi Recalls the Beatles at the Boston Garden, 50 Years Later
- How a Group of Beatles Fans Infiltrated the Band’s Press Conference With Just a College ID
- That Time Ringo Got Rejected by The Beatles
- Bob Dylan, Billy Joel & KISS Celebrate Paul McCartney on New Covers Album
- Ringo Starr Speaks on ISIS Jihadists Getting Beatles Nicknames: It’s ‘Against Everything the Beatles Stood For’
- John Lennon’s Killer Says He’s ‘Sorry For Being Such An Idiot’
- Comedy Central Turns Rock Bands into Dog Bands
- The Beatles Needed an Armored Truck to Make it to their Show in Houston [PHOTOS]