Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- John Lennon’s Final Interview with ‘Rolling Stone’
- According to These Conspiracy Theorists, the Beatles Never Even Existed
- John Lennon or Paul McCartney? Hundreds of Celebs Answer the Question
- Joe Cocker’s Final Interview with Carter Alan: “Cockerism” and That Time Paul McCartney Stood Him Up
- It’s Been 30 Years Since Phil Collins Played Conman ‘Phil the Shill’ on ‘Miami Vice’
- Remember John Lennon with Chachi at the Berklee Bookstore
- Rare Beatles Photos From Before They Were Famous Are Up For Sale
- Paul McCartney Second Richest Recording Artist, Says New Study
- John Lennon Bet Elton John That Their Single Wouldn’t Be A Hit
- The Beatles and the “Bobbies”