Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- 3 Things to Know About the Beatles’ Final Recording Session for ‘The White Album’
- Radio.com Minimation: John Lennon on the Beatles Opening for Little Richard and Gene Vincent
- John Lennon’s Solo Material Added to Spotify
- Watch the Beatles’ Original “Hey Jude” Promo Video from 1968
- Random Beatles Trivia With K&M
- Joe Cocker is “Not Very Well Right Now” According to Billy Joel
- Dhani Harrison Pays Tribute to Father George with “Let It Down”
- Listen to an Alternate Version of George Harrison’s ‘The Inner Light’
- Roundtable: Remembering the Beatles in Boston, 50 Years Later
- Chachi Recalls the Beatles at the Boston Garden, 50 Years Later