Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- ‘Rubber Soul’ and the Beatles’ Maturation: Breakfast With The Beatles Roundtable
- Canadian Dentist Wants to “Own John Lennon’s DNA” and Raise Him as a Son
- Chachi’s Collectible Corner: One of the World’s Rarest George Harrison Autographs
- The Beatles Go Solo: Breakfast with the Beatles Roundtable
- Carter Alan Tells a Story on the Beatles’ ‘Hard Day’s Night’ That You HAVE to Hear
- John Lennon Once Accused Keith Moon of Peeing in His Recording Studio
- Trivia with Chuck Nowlin: Breakfast with the Beatles Roundtable
- Revisiting ‘The White Album’: Breakfast with the Beatles Roundtable
- Photo Flashback: The Beatles Begin Filming ‘A Hard Day’s Night’
- The Cops Raided George Harrison’s Home 45 Years Ago Today