Check Out The Original Draft of “Hey Jude” Lyrics [PHOTOS]
In honor of the 45th anniversary of “Hey Jude”, here’s a couple of photos of the an original draft of the lyrics for the Beatles classic. Paul McCartney scrawled the lyrics in a notebook with a red pen.
The song was originally titled “Hey Jules”, named after John Lennon’s son Julian. That could possibly explain Julian’s great interest in the original drafted lyrics – he bought them on September 29, 1996 for approximately $40,300 in British pounds.
Christie’s tried to auction off the documents in the photos above in 2002, but Paul McCartney eventually won the case to prohibit them from being sold off. They remain unsold to this day.
MORE ON THE BEATLES:
- Radio.com Minimation: George Harrison: ‘We Were All Hot To Trot’
- RIP: 5 Must-See Rockstar Memorials in the U.S.
- Why Do Beatles Fans Care So Much About Mono?
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed By Beetles
- Radio.com Minimation: Paul McCartney Sings ‘Scrambled Eggs’
- New Beatles Documentary Will Follow Their Live Career
- Ron Howard to Direct New Documentary on Beatles’ Touring Years
- Your Perfect Astrological Song, Sung by an Artist With Your Astrological Sign
- Emmys 2014: ‘The Voice,’ ‘The Beatles: The Night That Changed America’ Score Nominations
- Macca is Back and Ready to Tour!