Watch Led Zeppelin Perform at the 1969 Texas International Pop Festival
By Matt Dolloff (@mattdolloff)
Led Zeppelin ripped through an hour-plus set at the Texas International Pop Festival on August 31, 1969. Their set came on the second day of the three-day festival.
Janis Joplin performed on the first night of the festival, while Canned Heat and B.B. King played all three days. Grand Funk Railroad opened all three days as well.
Click here for audio of the entire Led Zeppelin set. The video footage is pretty incredible though, considering how rare video of the band is from that era.
MORE LED ZEPPELIN:
- 40 Years After Robert Plant’s Near-Fatal Accident, Rock Stars Are Just as Resilient and Restless
- Dave Grohl Says He’s Air-Drumming to Led Zeppelin as Physical Therapy
- Jimmy Page Looks Back on Led Zeppelin, and Towards the Future
- How Led Zeppelin Was Robbed of $200,000
- Listen to an Alternate Take on Led Zeppelin’s ‘When the Levee Breaks’