On this day in 1964 the Rolling Stones self-titled debut album debuted on the English charts. When the album came out in America, the name was changed, to what?
Answer: England’s Newest Hitmakers: The Rolling Stones
- 1964: The Rolling Stones self-titled 1st album entered the English charts 2 months after it was released.
- 1971: The Fillmore East closed with a concert featuring the Allman Brothers Band, J. Geils Band, Edgar Winter’s White Trash, Rick Derringer, Beach Boys, Albert King and Country Joe McDonald.
- 1980: John Bonham of Led Zeppelin collapsed behind his drum kit at a concert in Nuremburg, Germany. Doctors diagnosed it as exhaustion.
- 1996: The Lead Singer of Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, quit as frontman of the band due to creative differences. On that day, original singer David Lee Roth began working with Van Halen to complete two tracks for a greatest hits album. Those tracks would be finished and released, but Roth was soon bounced in favor of a 3rd lead singer, Gary Cherone.
- 2002: On the eve of an American tour, John Entwistle of The Who was found dead in his Las Vegas hotel room. The 57-year-old was a victim of too much hard partying.
In the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1970: Jimi Hendrix played the Boston Garden.
- 1977: Pink Floyd hovered over the Garden.