Rock N’ Roll Diary: June 15
Carter Alan / WZLX.com June 15, 2013 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
Mick Jagger was knighted by the Queen of England in 2002. In what year was Keith Richards knighted?
Answer: None, he hasn’t been knighted
Here’s the rest of the Rock N’ Roll Diary for today:
- 1965: “Like a Rolling Stone” was recorded in New York City by Bod Dylan, with Mike Bloomfield on guitar and Al Kooper on organ.
- 1967: Peter Green quit John Mayall’s Bluesbreaker’s to pursue other musical avenues. He soon started another band, enlisting Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, and named the band Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac.
- 1987: The photo shoot for the cover of Pink Floyd’s “Momentary Lapse of Reason” took place in Saunton Sands, England. The extensive project included 800 rented beds, which 30 hired hands moved onto the beach for the image.
- 1992: Bruce Springsteen began his first tour in four years with a shown in Stockholm, Sweden. It marked the first time he had toured without the E-Street Band.
- 1999: Carlos Santana released his mega-million selling Supernatural album.
Checking the WZLX ticket stash…
- 1971: Elton John played the Music Hall.
- 1977: Frampton was at the Boston Garden.