Black Sabbath played the Providence Civic Center on this night in 1982. Who was on the lead vocals?
Answer: Ronnie James Dio
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1968: Eight thousand fans turned out for the Northern California Rock Festival. Among the bands performing were the Steve Miller Band, The Grateful Dead, Big Brother and The Holding Company, Jefferson Airplane, and The Doors…
- 1980: Yes added two new members to the group. The players were Geoff Downes hired to replace Rick Wakeman on keyboards and Trevor Horne, who took over for singer Jon Anderson. The lineup released one album, Drama, before splitting up for two years. An even newer version of the band would appear in 1983…
- 1990: The Rolling Stones’ “Urban Jungle” tour began in Rotterdam and in
- 1995: Boston began its first tour since 1987.
- Checking out the WZLX ticket stash: Jeff Beck was at the Aquarius Theatre with Todd Rundgren in 1972…Talking Heads played the Paradise in 1978…Black Sabbath was at the Providence Civic Center in ’82…And Pink Floyd opened up its run of 3 nights at Foxboro Stadium in 1994.