Rock N’ Roll Diary: March 30
Carter Alan / WZLX.com March 30, 2013 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
It’s Eric Clapton’s birthday! How many new studio albums did he complete with Cream before the group broke up?
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1967: At the Flood Street Studio of photographer Michael Cooper in Chelsea, The Beatles posed for photos that would become the cover of the Sgt. Pepper album …
- 1980: John Belushi joined The Grateful Dead onstage for their number “U.S. Blues.” It happened at a concert at the Capital Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey …
- 1985: Rolling Stone magazine named U2 the band of the 80s. Then just two years later, the group kicked off its Joshua Tree tour in Tempe, Arizona …
- 2004: Aerosmith released the album “Honkin’ on Bobo.”
- Checking out the WZLX ticket stash…The Moody Blues played the Boston Garden in 1972…And in 1977 it was E.L.O. With Piper featuring Billy Squier, also at the Boston Garden!