Rock N’ Roll Diary: March 30
Carter Alan / WZLX.com March 30, 2013 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
It’s Eric Clapton’s birthday! How many Grammy Awards did he receive for the 1992 Unplugged album?
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1967: At the Flood Street Studio of photographer Michael Cooper in Chelsea, The Beatles posed for photos that would become the cover of the Sgt. Pepper album …
- 1980: John Belushi joined The Grateful Dead onstage for their number “U.S. Blues.” It happened at a concert at the Capital Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey …
- 1985: Rolling Stone magazine named U2 the band of the 80s. Then just two years later, the group kicked off its Joshua Tree tour in Tempe, Arizona …
- 2004: Aerosmith released the album “Honkin’ on Bobo.”
- Checking out the WZLX ticket stash…The Moody Blues played the Boston Garden in 1972…And in 1977 it was E.L.O. With Piper featuring Billy Squier, also at the Boston Garden!