It’s the birthday of the late Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones. Under what professional name was he playing when he ran into Jagger and Richards?
Answer: Elmo Lewis
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday: Former Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones. We say former because Jones died in 1969.
- 1966: The Cavern Club in Liverpool, a converted railway building where The Beatles had made some of their early appearances was closed by authorities because of high debt.
- 1970: Led Zeppelin changed their name to “The Nobs” for a concert in Copenhagen when Eva von Zeppelin, relative of the airship inventor, threatened to sue if the family name was used in Denmark.
- 1974: The members of Pink Floyd reached a sales milestone, at that time for them, when their double album Ummagumma went gold.
- 1978: Bob Dylan’s 1978 concert in Tokyo was recorded and later released as the Bob Dylan at Budokan album.
- 1985: Uriah Heep’s lead singer David Byron died from a heart attack.
- 2007: The Doors received their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007. Surviving members Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger were on hand for the unveiling in front of the Virgin Megastore at the corner of Hollywood and Highland.