Rock N’ Roll Diary: February 20
In 1975 Alice Cooper released his first solo album “Welcome to My nightmare.” Aside from the “Greatest Hits” album, what was the last Alice Cooper band album before the solo release came out?
Answer: Muscle of Love
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy Birthday: John Geils! Well known as the guitarist for the J. Geils Band. It’s also the birthday of Steely Dan’s Walter Becker.
- 1969: Ringo Starr was prominently featured as a Mexican gardener in the X-rated film Candy. The movie also featured Steppenwolf and The Byrds.
- 1973: Rolling Stones fans in Adelaide, Australia rioted when they couldn’t get tickets to a sold out concert. Local police fought with 4,000 fans before arresting 40.
- 1975: Alice Cooper released his Welcome to My Nightmare album. It spelled the end of the original Alice Cooper Group.
- 1976: KISS set their footprints in cement outside Grauman’s Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard.
- 1982: Pat Benatar married her guitarist Neil Geraldo on this day in 1982. They are still happily hitched!
- 1984: Roger Daltrey starred in a television adaptation of Shakespeare’s “A Comedy of Errors” which aired on PBS.
- 2001: Peter Frampton won the best guitar performance award at the 2001 Orville H. Gibson Guitar Awards.