Rock N’ Roll Diary: February 18
Carter Alan / WZLX.com February 18, 2013 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
It’s Yoko Ono’s birthday. When she married John Lennon in 1969, where did they marry, and where did they honeymoon?
Answer: Gibraltar and Amsterdam
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- Happy birthday: Dennis DeYoung, and also Yoko Ono!
- 1968: Founding member of Pink Floyd Syd Barrett was fired by the rest of the band due to his increasingly bizarre behavior. He was replaced by David Gilmour, then a friend of the band.
- 1969: The Jimi Hendrix Experience played the Royal Albert Hall, and in a bonus appearance Traffic jammed with them on stage.
- 1981: Mick Fleetwood performed a benefit concert for a local musician’s union in Ghana.
- 1993: Emerson, Lake & Palmer appeared on “The Tonight Show.” It was the group’s 1st performance on network television in 20 years.
- Checking the ol’ ticket stash…Santana was at the music hall with Eddie Money in 1978!