Happy birthday to the guitarist of the kinks – Dave Davies. Is he the older or younger brother of lead singer Ray Davies? By how much?
Answer: Younger by 2 years and 8 months
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1961: Bob Dylan made his first recording which included “San Francisco Bay Blues.” It was done in East Orange, New Jersey, at the home of friends Sid and Bob Gleason.
- 1968: The Beatles began recording the song “Lady Madonna” at Abbey Road Studios in London. The song was released in March of that year.
- 1969: Allen Klein, manager for the Rolling Stones, signed on as manager for three of The Beatles, however Paul McCartney felt his career could be better managed by his father-in-law at the time, Lee Eastman. This would be a big part of the rift which would break up the band.
- 1973: Elton John hit #1 for the first time in the U.S. Although he’d had hit singles before, “Crocodile Rock” was the first song that topped the chart.
- 1976: David Bowie began a U.S. tour in Seattle in which he created a new stage persona known as “The Thin White Duke.”
- 1985: Don Henley released the single “All She Wants to Do is Dance.”
- 1997: Graham Nash was honored with a Doctorate of Humane Letters from the New York Institute of Technology for the singer’s work in bridging the worlds of art and technology.
- From the WZLX ticket stash…Rod Stewart played the Garden in 1982…And in 1990 Warren Zevon played the Orpheum.