Rock N’ Roll Diary: January 30
It’s the anniversary of one of the most famous gigs ever – The Beatles live on the Apple Building roof in London in 1969. The cops arrived to break it up, but how long did the band manage to play?
Answer: 42 minutes
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1972: British troops opened fire on a parade in Derry protesting imprisonment without trial and thirteen marchers died – the incident was immortalized as “Sunday Bloody Sunday.”
- 1973: KISS made their debut performance at the Coventry Club in Queens.
- 1974: Greg Lake was arrested for skinny dipping in a Salt Lake City pool clearly visible from the street.
- 1998: Elton John was knighted in England – if you ever meet him, be sure to call him Sir!
- Checking out the WZLX ticket stash: ZZ Top played the Boston Garden in 1982.