Rock N’ Roll Diary: January 28
Carter Alan / WZLX.com January 28, 2013 12:01 AM
Listen weekdays from 10am-2pm on 100.7 WZLX.Read More
In 2009 Billy Powell, keyboardist in Lynyrd Skynyrd died from a heart attack. Before he played in the band, what did he do for Skynyrd?
Answer: He was a roadie
Here’s the rest of today’s Rock N’ Roll Diary!
- 1970: The Vietnam Moratorium Committee held a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden- Jimi Hendrix and The Band Of Gypsies headlined.
- 1978: Ted Nugent carved an autograph into a fan’s arm with a bowie knife – at the fan’s request.
- 1985: Numerous stars gathered to record the fundraising single “We Are The World.” Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Paul Simon were among those who participated in the project.
- 1988: Pink Floyd sent a giant inflatable bed down the Thames River to promote their “Momentary Lapse of Reason” tour in 1988.
- 2005: The rock world was stunned to hear the passing of Traffic drummer Jim Capaldi after a battle with stomach cancer.